Hospitals, medical professionals, insurance organizations and others in the healthcare industry face a number of industry-specific regulatory and compliance issues. Dickinson Wright’s interdisciplinary healthcare practice group has the expertise and experience to provide sophisticated, cost-effective legal services to a broad range of healthcare industry clients.
We have a broad range of clients including:
- Hospitals and acute care providers
- Long term care facilities
- Dialysis centers
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Home health care providers
- Physicians and dentists (in both individual and group practice settings)
- Physical therapists
- Dental and physician practice management companies (including physician associations)
- Group purchasing organizations
- Radiology and radiology management companies
- Medicaid managed care organizations
- Healthcare and dental insurers and HMOs
- Disability insurers and lenders
- Investment bankers and private equity funds
- Healthcare-related software vendors and developers
- Healthcare-related data storage centers
- Memory care centers
- Substance abuse rehabilitation facilities
- Medical device companies
Some of our healthcare expertise includes:
- Assisting clients with regulatory and compliance matters, including: stark, anti-kickback/fraud and abuse analysis and compliance; issues relating to HIPAA and HITECH; Certificate of Need (CON); licensure staff privileging, and peer review; corporate practice; and managed care issues.
- Advising both nonprofit and for-profit healthcare entities on governance, labor and employment, merger and acquisitions, employee benefit and ERISA; tax and tax-exemption; intellectual property, and immigration matters.
- Working with healthcare companies and their investors, lenders and underwriters in transactional and financial matters of all degrees of complexity.
- Representing healthcare providers in the development, acquisition, construction, ownership and leasing of medical facilities.
- Counseling practitioners and professional practice groups on a wide range of organizational, governance, equity ownership and employee matters.
- Assisting clients with a wide array of healthcare IT-related issues including: "covered entity" and "business associate" compliance, "meaningful use" requirements, IT asset acquisition (including licensing), risk insurance (e.g., cyber risk, data breach, etc.), compliance with federal and state privacy and data security laws and regulations (including breach response requirements), and issues related to the storage of healthcare-related data including outsourcing and cloud computing.
- Counseling and advising on telemedicine issues, including credentialing and licensure issues.
- Counseling and advising on Accountable Care Organization structural and related issues.
For additional news and articles related to our Healthcare practice click here.