From NAFTA to CETA: How Canadian and U.S. Businesses Can Leverage a New Era in Global Trade
Please join us for a complimentary webinar!
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
1:00 p.m. EDT - 2:30 p.m. EDT
Presented by Dickinson Wright Attorneys: Brenda Swick (Partner, Toronto), Dan Ujczo (Of Counsel and Cross-Border Business Development Director, Columbus), and Michael Weinczok (Financial Services and Insolvency Partner, Toronto).
The first months of 2017 demonstrate a period of shifting political and global trade policies. In this once-in-a-generation trade moment, there's a great deal to consider. We invite you to join us for an informative complimentary webinar with our attorneys in Canada and the U.S. as they explain how to navigate through these shifting policies and the impacts on your global supply chains.
This webinar will discuss the opportunities and challenges presented by Canada's new and existing North American and European trade agreements including:
- Using Canada's trading agreements as a platform for North American and global production
- An overview of the Canada-European-Union (EU) Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) which offers Canadian exporters a European market with a GDP of $16 trillion and 500 million European consumers and when it is expected to come into force
- Market access opportunities (95% of Canada-EU trade will be free upon CETA coming into force)
- New opportunities for Canadian exporters to sell to European governments
- NAFTA/CETA rules of origin and other developments in areas such as intellectual property
This event is complimentary, however registration is required. We're looking forward to your participation!