- Beemer, Jeffrey M.
Gallatin Hampton Inn, 980 Village Green Crossing, Gallatin, Tennessee
Sumner County Breakfast Meeting
July 06, 2017 from 7:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M.
Gallatin Hampton Inn, 980 Village Green Crossing, Gallatin, TN 37066
Can We Do That? Practical Answers to Frequently Asked HR Questions
Presented by Jeffrey M. Beemer, Member, Dickinson Wright PLLC
If you have ever encountered situations in the workplace that make you ponder the legal implications of a course of action, you are not alone This interactive seminar will address legal issues scenarios that frequently arise in the workplace, including the following:
• When you can request medical information from an employee.
• When you can take salary deductions from exempt employees.
• When you can deduct amounts an employee owes the company from the employee’s final paycheck.
• Whether you can terminate an employee who is on FMLA leave.
• Whether you can fire an employee for performance issues with inadequate documentation of those issues.
• Your questions.
Participants will gain new insights into issues that arise in most workplaces on a regular basis. It will be a practical way to cover key points of law in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Schedule: Doors open at 7:00 am for registration and networking. Buffet breakfast begins at 7:20 am, and the presentation starts promptly at 8:00 am.
•Members: $18 by end of business Monday, July 3, $24 afterwards.*
•Future Members: $24 by end of business Monday, July 3, $32 afterwards.* (See below)**
•MT|SHRM Students: $9 by end of business Monday July 3, $12 afterwards.*
*On-line registration will close by end of business 2 days prior to the event. Our ability to accommodate walk-in registrations will be based on space availability.
This program has been awarded 1 hour of General HR recertification credit."MT|SHRM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC's) for the SHRM-CP and SHRM SCP. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit."
- February 06, 2018 Webinars Sales and Use Tax: Minimizing Compliance and Legal Woes in 2018 on February 6,2018
- February 06, 2018 Special Events 6th Annual Cross-Border Economic Forecast Event on February 6, 2018
- January 29, 2018 Speaking Engagements Panel Discussion on the Future of NAFTA on Monday, January 29, 2018
- January 23, 2018 Webinars Out with the Old and In with the New: 2018 Annual Employment Law Update Webinar on January 23, 2018
- January 2018 Industry Alerts Michigan Supreme Court Holds That a Plaintiff is Not Permitted to Request a Change of Venue
- January 2018 Industry Alerts Michigan Court of Appeals Clarifies That the Offer of Judgment Rule Applies to a Judgment Entered on an Arbitration Award
- January 22, 2018 In the News Attorney Eric Hone Elected Vice-Chairman of Henderson Chamber of Commerce IMPAC
- January 19, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Dan Ujczo Quoted in Canadian Press Article on Upcoming NAFTA Talks
- January 19, 2018 In the News Attorneys Tim Gary and Ralph Levy Named to Nashville Medical News' 2018 InCharge Healthcare List