- Garsson, Ross Spencer.
Four Seasons Hotel, 98 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, Texas, 78701-4082
Thursday - Friday, November 2 - 3, 2017
at: Four Seasons Hotel
98 San Jacinto Blvd
Austin, TX 78701-4082
Ross Spencer Garsson (Member, Austin) presents the topic, 'The "New" On-Sale Bar Under the AIA'. Ross will discuss the change of the on-sale bar rule under the AIA and the impact of the Federal Circuit’s decision in Helsinn Healthcare S.A. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc. regarding “secret” sales and offers for sale as prior art under Section 102 (post-AIA). The presentation takes place on Friday, November 3 at 2:20 p.m.
UT Law's 22nd Annual Advanced Patent Law Institute in Austin covers the latest developments in patent law and features a sophisticated array of prosecution and litigation topics. Hear from nationally recognized faculty including senior IP counsel of major corporations, patent prosecution and litigation experts from around the nation, U.S. District Court Judges, and leading academics. This year’s program features:
- A review of the year’s key Federal Circuit and Supreme Court cases by Mark A. Lemley, Stanford Law School
- A discussion on the Evolving Patent Valuation Landscape and the interplay between innovation and the rising costs of enforcement
- Section 101 and a look at how the courts and USPTO continue to apply Alice
- Strategies for strengthening your PTAB trial record for appeal
- Changes to the on-sale bar rule under the AIA
- Approaches for acquiring, managing, and asserting patent portfolios
- Emerging technologies and how they are impacting the legal landscape
- ITC trends and hot topics
- Patent litigation around the world and the growing popularity of jurisdictions like Canada, China and Germany
- Insight from sitting U.S. District Court Judges, including Judge Cathy Ann Bencivengo (SDCA), Judge Mitchell S. Goldberg (EDPA) and Judge Robert W. Schroeder III (EDTX) and their experiences hearing patent cases
- A Friday Breakfast Presentation, hosted by Women in IP, on the Ethical Considerations of Career Transitions
- 3.25 hours of ethics, including presentations on Patent Prosecution and Malpractice, and Recent Developments in Attorney-Client Privilege in Patent Litigation
- Multiple networking opportunities with program faculty and fellow practitioners, including the Thursday Evening Networking Reception
Please register by clicking here.
Dickinson Wright is an event sponsor.
- March 29, 2018 Seminars West Tennessee Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Seminar on Thursday, March 29, 2018
- March 28, 2018 Webinars A Time for Tariffs: Steel and Aluminum (and maybe more?) on March 28, 2018
- March 27, 2018 Webinars Can You Accommodate My Tattooed Ferret? Approaching Disability and Religious Accommodations in the Millennial Age Webinar on March 27, 2018
- March 27, 2018 - March 28, 2018 Conferences 27th Annual Sustainability & EHS Symposium on March 27-28, 2018
- March 23, 2018 Seminars ACG NY and Toronto Joint Event on March 23, 2018
- March 22, 2018 Seminars Data Bites Luncheon Seminar Series on March 22, 2018
- March 22 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Dan Ujczo Interviewed in the Ohio's Country Journal and Ohio Ag Net Article “A NAFTA agreement could open doors around the world for U.S. agriculture”
- March 2018 Industry Alerts Section 232 Steel and Aluminum Tariffs – Commerce Issues Requirements for Exclusion Requests
- March 20, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Brenda Swick Authored The Lawyer’s Daily article “B.C. Log Export Restrictions The Big Change In Softwood Lumber Dispute"