- Garsson, Ross Spencer.
Four Seasons Hotel, 98 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, Texas, 78701-4082
Thursday - Friday, November 2 - 3, 2017
at: Four Seasons Hotel
98 San Jacinto Blvd
Austin, TX 78701-4082
Ross Spencer Garsson (Member, Austin) presents the topic, 'The "New" On-Sale Bar Under the AIA'. Ross will discuss the change of the on-sale bar rule under the AIA and the impact of the Federal Circuit’s decision in Helsinn Healthcare S.A. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc. regarding “secret” sales and offers for sale as prior art under Section 102 (post-AIA). The presentation takes place on Friday, November 3 at 2:20 p.m.
UT Law's 22nd Annual Advanced Patent Law Institute in Austin covers the latest developments in patent law and features a sophisticated array of prosecution and litigation topics. Hear from nationally recognized faculty including senior IP counsel of major corporations, patent prosecution and litigation experts from around the nation, U.S. District Court Judges, and leading academics. This year’s program features:
- A review of the year’s key Federal Circuit and Supreme Court cases by Mark A. Lemley, Stanford Law School
- A discussion on the Evolving Patent Valuation Landscape and the interplay between innovation and the rising costs of enforcement
- Section 101 and a look at how the courts and USPTO continue to apply Alice
- Strategies for strengthening your PTAB trial record for appeal
- Changes to the on-sale bar rule under the AIA
- Approaches for acquiring, managing, and asserting patent portfolios
- Emerging technologies and how they are impacting the legal landscape
- ITC trends and hot topics
- Patent litigation around the world and the growing popularity of jurisdictions like Canada, China and Germany
- Insight from sitting U.S. District Court Judges, including Judge Cathy Ann Bencivengo (SDCA), Judge Mitchell S. Goldberg (EDPA) and Judge Robert W. Schroeder III (EDTX) and their experiences hearing patent cases
- A Friday Breakfast Presentation, hosted by Women in IP, on the Ethical Considerations of Career Transitions
- 3.25 hours of ethics, including presentations on Patent Prosecution and Malpractice, and Recent Developments in Attorney-Client Privilege in Patent Litigation
- Multiple networking opportunities with program faculty and fellow practitioners, including the Thursday Evening Networking Reception
Please register by clicking here.
Dickinson Wright is an event sponsor.
- May 30, 2018 & June 6, 2018 Conferences Marijuana Policy Forum Event on May 30, 2018 and June 6, 2018
- May 24, 2018 Special Events Inside the Cauldron: Government, Criminal & Civil Enforcement, Compliance & Cybersecurity Hot Topics 2018 on May 24, 2018
- May 23, 2018 Conferences MICPA Conference- Employment Law: It Affects Family Companies Too on May 23, 2018
- May 23, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Timothy Gary Quoted in the Healthcare Finance Article, “CMS price posting rule may spark confusion when prices don't match what patients have to pay”
- May 22, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Gregory Cahill Quoted in the Construction Dive Article, “The Dotted Line: What contractors need to know about arbitration”
- May 19, 2018 - May 24, 2018 Conferences 140th INTA Annual Meeting: The Must-Attend Event for IP Stakeholders on May 19 - 23, 2018
- May 18, 2018 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in the 2018 IP Stars
- May 18, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in the USA Today Article “Sports betting: Congress may try to regulate, but passage of any legislation is a long shot”
- May 17, 2018 - May 20, 2018 Conferences Sports Lawyers Association 44th Annual Conference on May 17 - 19, 2018