Stuart is a litigation attorney with over 25 years of experience. He has tried hundreds of cases in both state and federal court. Some of his noteworthy victories have been featured in local, state and national publications. Stuart is also Listed as a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Family Law Mediator.
Following law school, Stuart was a judicial clerk for the Honorable Samuel L. Lewis, Court of Appeals for the State of Tennessee. This experience allowed Stuart to work on and author significant portions of multiple dozens of Court of Appeals opinions in areas involving litigation, including a large number of family law cases. His judicial clerkship has proven to be invaluable in his current practice.
Stuart focuses his primary area of practice on family law. He represents people going through divorce and focuses his efforts on providing his legal services and advice to his clients in this area.
Stuart has successfully represented wives and husbands in negotiating through the difficult process that divorce can entail. He is a single dad who understands how painful the process can be. Rather than focusing on an adversarial relationship, Stuart works with his clients to move them forward in life towards their next chapter.
This said, if you need him to be tough, Stuart is your man. He will not back down, and he will protect your interests.
Stuart is a single dad with two daughters. He is actively involved in the community and helps indigent clients with their divorces. Stuart also has been a professional fighter and has 15 professional fights. Although Nashville has always been his home base, Stuart lived extensively in Europe growing up and he speaks German.
Vanderbilt UniversityB.A., 1984
University of TennesseeJ.D., 1988
- Dean's Advisory Council
- Moot Court Board
- Allied Insurance Company
- Amerisure Insurance Company
- Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company
- Comtrak Logistics
- D. Canale & Co
- Federated Rural Electric Insurance Exchange
- Great West Casualty Company
- Middle Tennessee EMC
- Protective Insurance Company
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Fellow: Nashville Bar Association
- Harry Phillips American Inns of Court, Member
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers, Member
- OESA and TAMA, Member
- GACC Steering Committee, Member
- Prior Chair of NBA Community Relations Committee
- Began NBA recycling program for the bar association for the City of Nashville
- Prior Uptown and Downtown YMCA Board Member
- Prior Tennessee German Chamber Steering Committee and Head of Fundraising
- Parent Board Member and Head of Father’s Network, Harpeth Hall School
- Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Samuel Lewis on the Tennessee Court of Appeals
- Lived extensively in Europe and speaks German