Stacey J. Longanecker has experience in electronic, electrical, communications and computer patent matters. She focuses on preparing and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications and conducting studies of patent validity and infringement. She also counsels clients on patenting strategies and IP portfolio management including conducting IP due diligence studies for mergers and acquisitions and commercial market introductions of products and services. Her clients include Fortune 100, Fortune 500 and foreign companies.
Ms. Longanecker has extensive experience in communications technologies such as optical networks, mobile and other wireless communications, satellite communications and other broadband communications. She also has expertise with digital encoding; digital modulation schemes such as OFDMA, TDMA and CDMA; communication protocols such as Ethernet, DSL, ISDN and SONET; and data compression.
In addition, Ms. Longanecker has expertise in networking and computer technologies including secure content distribution, information storage and processing applications, and multi-modal access to content.
University of MarylandB.S., Electrical Engineering, 1988
The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of LawJ.D., 1993
- District of Columbia
• Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
• Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
• Member, Maryland State Bar
• Member, Patient Family Advisory Council, Children's National Medical Center, 2007 - present
• Member, NICU Parent Advisory Committee, Children’s National Medical Center, 2007 - present