University of AlabamaB.A., 1983
- cum laude
Vanderbilt University School of LawJ.D., 1986
- Member, Jessup International Moot Court Team, 1984-1985
- Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law, Associate Editor, 1985 -1986
- Teksid Aluminum Foundry, Inc.
- The Scooter Store
- Zurich North America
Lead class counsel for over 120,000 consumers in nationwide class action under the Fair Credit Reporting Act resulting in a multimillion dollar settlement.
Class counsel for over 4,600 managerial employees for alleged wage and hour violations under the Fair Labor Standards Act resulting in a multimillion dollar recovery.
Lead class counsel for over 1,000,000 Tennessee consumers in putative class action under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Lead class counsel for over 200 employees in race discrimination case certified as a class action in the Middle District of Tennessee.
Class counsel for multi-state indirect purchasers of polyurethane foam in putative class action for alleged price-fixing and market allocation.
Lead class counsel in defense of actions against ATM operators for alleged violations of the Electronic Fund Transfer Act.
Lead class counsel for several hundred employees in race discrimination case settled as a class action.
Served as lead counsel in hundreds of other employment, wrongful death, product liability and tort actions.
- American Bar Association, Class Actions and Derivative Suits Committee; Section of Litigation
- Federal Bar Association
- Nashville Chapter President (2012-2013)
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Youth Incorporated, Board Member
- Tennessee Christian Medical Center Foundation, Board Member