- In the News
In response to the passage of Ohio House Bill 523, Dickinson Wright PLLC will sponsor and host the inaugural Ohio Cannabis Industry Conference on Thursday, July 7, 2016 at the Renaissance Hotel in Columbus. The conference will educate business people interested in learning about this industry and understanding the implications of House Bill 523.
“Dickinson Wright has been at the forefront of this emerging industry working with entrepreneurs, businesses and policy makers to help them navigate the legal issues surrounding the medicinal marijuana industry,” said Scot Crow, Practice Department Manager for the firm’s Corporate Practice Groups. “We are excited that Senator Bill Coley will be joining us to discuss House Bill 523 and its implications for the state of Ohio and its citizens. We anticipate that this event will be the start of a series of seminars addressing House Bill 523 with a lively and informative discussion for our participants.”
Giving the keynote address at the Ohio Cannabis Industry Conference will be Ohio State Senator Bill Coley. Also speaking will be Peter Kadens, Ohio native, and CEO and co-founder of GTI Investments; Andy Joseph, president of Apeks Supercritical; and Taylor West, deputy director of the National Cannabis Industry Association. Topics that will be discussed during the conference include a legal primer on cannabis law and an industry panel focusing on the business perspective of the cannabis industry. Below are the event details:
Ohio Cannabis Industry Conference
Date: Thursday, July 7, 2016
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Location: The Renaissance Hotel, 50 N. 3rd Street, Columbus, OH 43215
To learn more about this free conference or to register, please click here.
If you are interested in learning more about House Bill 523 and what it means for Ohio, please click here to read an informative article by Dickinson Wright.
- May 30, 2018 & June 6, 2018 Conferences Marijuana Policy Forum Event on May 30, 2018 and June 6, 2018
- May 24, 2018 Special Events Inside the Cauldron: Government, Criminal & Civil Enforcement, Compliance & Cybersecurity Hot Topics 2018 on May 24, 2018
- May 23, 2018 Conferences MICPA Conference- Employment Law: It Affects Family Companies Too on May 23, 2018
- May 23, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Timothy Gary Quoted in the Healthcare Finance Article, “CMS price posting rule may spark confusion when prices don't match what patients have to pay”
- May 22, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Gregory Cahill Quoted in the Construction Dive Article, “The Dotted Line: What contractors need to know about arbitration”
- May 19, 2018 - May 24, 2018 Conferences 140th INTA Annual Meeting: The Must-Attend Event for IP Stakeholders on May 19 - 23, 2018
- May 18, 2018 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in the 2018 IP Stars
- May 18, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in the USA Today Article “Sports betting: Congress may try to regulate, but passage of any legislation is a long shot”
- May 17, 2018 - May 20, 2018 Conferences Sports Lawyers Association 44th Annual Conference on May 17 - 19, 2018