- Krieger, John L.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 600 Dulany Street Global Intellectual Property Academy , Alexandria, Virginia, 22314
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
at: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
600 Dulany Street - Global Intellectual Property Academy
Alexandria , VA 22314
John Krieger (Member, Las Vegas) will speak at the following two sessions at the Roundtable on IP and International Trade Shows: Session 4 (Case Study: Removing Infringing Goods from a Trade Show (1:15 pm - 2:15 pm) and Session 6: Final Thoughts (3:45 pm - 4:15 pm). The Global Intellectual Property Academy provides intellectual property training i a variety of different topics that focus primarily on enforcement, patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
To register and for more details, please click here.
Trade shows can provide opportunities for both the willful and unintentional infringement of intellectual property (IP) rights. The transient nature of these events presents challenges for rights holders to discover the infringement, take action against it, or, in some cases, even determine against whom to assert their legal rights.
The USPTO is hosting this public roundtable to discuss approaches, strategies, and effective practices for addressing the kinds of infringement that most often occur at trade fairs and shows, including the infringement of copyrights, designs, patents, and trademarks. Topics to be explored will include:
- how U.S. government agencies and the courts can be used effectively when IP rights are infringed at a trade show,
- legal measures and strategies available to rights holders before, during, and after a trade show,
- recent and anticipated trends and challenges faced by rights holders and trade show operators.
In addition, speakers—who will represent academia, civil and criminal litigation practice, rights holder and industry associations, and the U.S. government—will offer their insights, along with case studies and legal strategies that have been successfully employed to remove allegedly infringing goods from a trade show venue.
- March 05, 2018 Speaking Engagements Is Sports Betting Coming to Iowa Conference March 5, 2018
- February 28, 2018 Seminars ACC February Luncheon February 28, 2018
- February 27, 2018 - February 28, 2018 Conferences 4th Annual Cybersecurity Conference on February 27 - 28, 2018
- February 21, 2018 In the News Lawyer Brenda Swick Appointed to the NAFTA Chapter 19 (Trade Remedies) Roster for Canada
- February 20, 2018 - February 21, 2018 Seminars Austin’s Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Business & Law CLE event on February 20, 2018
- February 20, 2018 Industry Alerts Opioid Litigation Landslide – Are Physicians And Hospitals The Next Targets?
- February 20, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 11, Number 2
- February 2018 Industry Alerts The Numbers Do Lie: How Thieves Can Steal Your Cell Phone Number And Wreak Havoc On Your Life
- February 19, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Greg Gemignani Quoted in NJ Gambling Sites Article on "MLB, NBA Not Winning Fans with Demand for 1 Percent of Wagers in Sports Bets"