Healthcare, Data Mining and Government Investigations webinar: Smoke Doesn't Always Mean Fire
on Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. EDT
These days the government regularly uses enormous repositories of big data to aid in their criminal and civil investigations. The tools available to officials and agencies are growing more sophisticated every day, making it easier to determine outliers as they relate to Medicare, Medicaid, opioid prescriptions, and more.
Kerry B. Harvey, a former U.S. Attorney from the Eastern District of Kentucky, and Andrew L. Sparks, an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Kentucky and Chief of the White Collar Fraud Section, will co-present this informative, deep dive into how the government uses data-mining to identify potential fraud cases. While smoke does not guarantee fire, you will learn how to best counsel your clients in the event they receive an inquiry from the government.
What you'll learn:
- Descriptions of the tools available and how the government receives and mines data
- What indicates an "outlier" and how the government proceeds once the data indicates one
- How the trial will play out; and what you as an attorney can expect and do to best advise your clients
Be sure to register today -- you won't want to miss this informative webinar! The webinar is complimentary, but registration is required. We're looking forward to your participation!
- March 05, 2018 Speaking Engagements Is Sports Betting Coming to Iowa Conference March 5, 2018
- February 28, 2018 Seminars ACC February Luncheon February 28, 2018
- February 27, 2018 - February 28, 2018 Conferences 4th Annual Cybersecurity Conference on February 27 - 28, 2018
- February 21, 2018 In the News Lawyer Brenda Swick Appointed to the NAFTA Chapter 19 (Trade Remedies) Roster for Canada
- February 20, 2018 - February 21, 2018 Seminars Austin’s Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Business & Law CLE event on February 20, 2018
- February 20, 2018 Industry Alerts Opioid Litigation Landslide – Are Physicians And Hospitals The Next Targets?
- February 20, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 11, Number 2
- February 2018 Industry Alerts The Numbers Do Lie: How Thieves Can Steal Your Cell Phone Number And Wreak Havoc On Your Life
- February 19, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Greg Gemignani Quoted in NJ Gambling Sites Article on "MLB, NBA Not Winning Fans with Demand for 1 Percent of Wagers in Sports Bets"