Healthcare, Data Mining and Government Investigations webinar: Smoke Doesn't Always Mean Fire
on Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. EDT
These days the government regularly uses enormous repositories of big data to aid in their criminal and civil investigations. The tools available to officials and agencies are growing more sophisticated every day, making it easier to determine outliers as they relate to Medicare, Medicaid, opioid prescriptions, and more.
Kerry B. Harvey, a former U.S. Attorney from the Eastern District of Kentucky, and Andrew L. Sparks, an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Kentucky and Chief of the White Collar Fraud Section, will co-present this informative, deep dive into how the government uses data-mining to identify potential fraud cases. While smoke does not guarantee fire, you will learn how to best counsel your clients in the event they receive an inquiry from the government.
What you'll learn:
- Descriptions of the tools available and how the government receives and mines data
- What indicates an "outlier" and how the government proceeds once the data indicates one
- How the trial will play out; and what you as an attorney can expect and do to best advise your clients
Be sure to register today -- you won't want to miss this informative webinar! The webinar is complimentary, but registration is required. We're looking forward to your participation!
- April 25, 2018 Conferences MICPA Healthcare Conference on April 25,2018
- April 24, 2018 Special Events Q&A Session with Five 2018 Nevada Supreme Court Candidates on April 24, 2018
- April 19, 2018 - April 20, 2018 Conferences 43rd Annual Labor & Employment Law Institute on April 19 - 20, 2018
- April 19, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Interviewed on GGB News “Global Gaming Business Podcast”
- April 19, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 11, Number 4
- April 18, 2018 - April 19, 2018 Conferences Trigild Spring Lender Conference on April 18-19, 2018
- April 18, 2018 - April 19, 2018 Conferences Incident Response Forum 2018 on April 18, 2018
- April 18, 2018 In the News Attorney Timothy J. ("T.J.") Green Joins Dickinson Wright's Ft. Lauderdale Office
- April 18, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Timothy McCulloch Quoted in the Law 360 Article “Drone Cases and Rulings to Watch”