- Martorano, Kelly M. .
Environmental Lender Liability: Identifying Risks and Opportunities LIVE Webcast.
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. ET
Dickinson Wright attorney, Kelly M. Martorano (Of Counsel, Detroit & Troy) will speak at the Knowledge Group's webcast.
Under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act ("CERCLA"), lenders acquiring a contaminated property through foreclosure, are exempted from the perils of environmental liability. The exemption, which is commonly referred to as the Secured Creditor Exemption (SCE), creates a safe harbor for lenders against the CERCLA cleanup liability. However, a lender may only be covered and protected from environmental liability under the SCE, if it only holds the contaminated property as security for debt, and not for the facility's long-term profit.
In this LIVE webcast, a seasoned panel of thought leaders and professionals brought together by The Knowledge Group will provide and present to the audience an in-depth analysis of the fundamentals and all important issues in Environmental Lender Liability. Speakers will go beyond the basics and present their expert thoughts and opinions on the risks and potential opportunities surrounding this significant topic.
Key topics include:
· Environmental Lender Liability - An Overview.
· The Secured Creditor Exemption.
· The CERCLA Liability.
· Scope and Limitations of CERCLA.
· Identifying Risks and Common Pitfalls.
· Recent Trends, Developments, and Updates.
- February 06, 2018 Webinars Sales and Use Tax: Minimizing Compliance and Legal Woes in 2018 on February 6,2018
- February 06, 2018 Special Events 6th Annual Cross-Border Economic Forecast Event on February 6, 2018
- January 29, 2018 Speaking Engagements Panel Discussion on the Future of NAFTA on Monday, January 29, 2018
- January 23, 2018 Webinars Out with the Old and In with the New: 2018 Annual Employment Law Update Webinar on January 23, 2018
- January 22, 2018 In the News Attorney Eric Hone Elected Vice-Chairman of Henderson Chamber of Commerce IMPAC
- January 2018 Industry Alerts Michigan Supreme Court Holds That a Plaintiff is Not Permitted to Request a Change of Venue
- January 2018 Industry Alerts Michigan Court of Appeals Clarifies That the Offer of Judgment Rule Applies to a Judgment Entered on an Arbitration Award
- January 19, 2018 In the News Attorneys Tim Gary and Ralph Levy Named to Nashville Medical News' 2018 InCharge Healthcare List
- January 19, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Dan Ujczo Quoted in Canadian Press Article on Upcoming NAFTA Talks