- Whiffen, Trevor S.
Westin Harbour Castle Hotel, 1 Harbour Square, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 1A6
Sunday, November 12 to Tuesday, November 14, 2017
at: Westin Harbour Castle Hotel
1 Harbour Square
Toronto, ON, M5J 1A6 Canada
The 10th Annual PrimeTime Sports Management Conference and Trade Show organized and hosted by Dickinson Wright is scheduled for November 12-14, 2017, at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel in Toronto. This event is the largest sports management conference held in Canada each year, and is one of the largest in North America. Last year, over 580 people attended the three-day event.
Trevor S. Whiffen (Partner, Toronto) is pleased to co-Chair the Conference again this year with Brian Burke, the President of Hockey Operations with the Calgary Flames of the National Hockey League. We are fortunate to have attracted a spectacular group of Speakers from across the sports industry in Canada and the United States again this year. Thus far, there are 56 confirmed Speakers, including representatives from the NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, MLS, NLL, AHL, CFL, CHL, OHL, NBL, CWHL, NFLPA, NHLPA, NBPA, NLLPA, TSN, SportsNet, The Score, Nascar, the British Rugby League, Honda Indy, Canadian Open, Grey Cup, and the Invictus Games.
Members of Dickinson Wright are welcome to attend the Conference as complimentary Guests of the firm.
This year’s event will commence with a Welcome Reception on Sunday night, at which time we will honor Peter Luukko with a Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions as President of the Philadelphia 76ers, the Philadelphia Flyers, and the Florida Panthers. Sunday will also see 64 law students compete in an NHL Labour Arbitration Competition sponsored by the University of Toronto Law School, while 48 business students compete in a Business Case Competition.
The Conference line-up for Monday includes Keynote Interviews with Rene Fasel, the Executive Director of the International Ice Hockey Federation, and Commissioner Gary Bettman of the NHL. Monday will also include panel discussions covering a wide range of topics including League operations, player evaluations, legal issues in sport, challenges facing amateur sport, and a player agents roundtable to discuss contract negotiations.
The schedule for Tuesday will feature seven additional panel discussions involving the business side of sports, including television broadcast deals, building naming rights, sponsorship agreements, creative marketing strategies, hosting major sporting events, ticket sales, alternative revenue streams, and the use of digital technology and analytics to build sports brands and businesses.
We will also be hosting a Careers in Sports Workshop on Monday night, together with Networking Luncheons and Receptions each day.
To register and learn more about this event, please click here.
- May 24, 2018 Special Events Inside the Cauldron: Government, Criminal & Civil Enforcement, Compliance & Cybersecurity Hot Topics 2018 on May 24, 2018
- May 23, 2018 Conferences MICPA Conference- Employment Law: It Affects Family Companies Too on May 23, 2018
- May 19, 2018 - May 24, 2018 Conferences 140th INTA Annual Meeting: The Must-Attend Event for IP Stakeholders on May 19 - 23, 2018
- May 18, 2018 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in the 2018 IP Stars
- May 18, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in the USA Today Article “Sports betting: Congress may try to regulate, but passage of any legislation is a long shot”
- May 17, 2018 - May 20, 2018 Conferences Sports Lawyers Association 44th Annual Conference on May 17 - 19, 2018
- May 17, 2018 In the News Attorney Giselle Alexander Named ABA Tax Section Nolan Fellow for 2018-2019
- May 17, 2018 In the News Inside the Cauldron: Government, Criminal & Civil Enforcement, Compliance & Cybersecurity Hot Topics 2018
- May 16, 2018 In the News Attorney James Spica Addresses ABA Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section 2018 Spring Symposia