University of South DakotaB.A., 1972
University of ArizonaJ.D., 1975
- Best Lawyers in America®
- "Lawyer of the Year," Litigation Bankruptcy, 2017
- Southwest Super Lawyers®
- Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, 2017
William Novotny’s practice includes the representation of a number of financial institutions, lenders, landlords, trade creditors, and real estate investors regarding various collection matters, including those residing in the United States Bankruptcy Courts. Bill has represented major creditor groups in most of the major bankruptcy cases that have been filed in the Arizona courts, including Circle K, America West, McCulloch, Boston Chicken, and Bashas’, and has represented creditor clients in reorganization proceedings that involved large apartment projects, office buildings, raw land developments, residential projects, health-care facilities, shopping centers, and construction and manufacturing companies. Bill has also represented individuals and entities in State and Federal Courts in regard to various debt collection matters, such as real estate foreclosures, secured transactions, and account and note collections.
- State Bar of Arizona
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Managing Editor, Arizona Law Review, 1974-1975.
- Law Clerk to Honorable Ozell M. Trask, United States Court of Appeals for Ninth Circuit, 1975-1976.