Timothy M. Cary represents employers as both an advisor and a litigator. As an advisor, he counsels clients in the development of employment policies and handbooks, assists in developing strategies to deal with difficult employee issues, negotiates collective bargaining agreements, and helps employers comply with state and federal employment laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, and Family Medical Leave Act. As a litigator, his practice includes defense of wrongful termination claims, civil rights claims, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, business torts, and charges of unfair labor practices. He also assists employers in dealing with state and federal agencies.
University of Michigan-FlintB.A., Political Science, 2011
University of Minnesota Law SchoolJ.D., 2014
- magna cum laude
- Managing Editor, ABA Journal of Labor & Employment Law
- Best Student Article Award
- Dean’s List
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Judicial Clerk to Assistant Chief Judge Michelle A. Dietrich, Fifth Judicial District, State of Minnesota
- A Checkered Past: When Title VII Collides with State Statutes Mandating Criminal Background Checks, 28 A.B.A. J. OF LAB. & EMP. L. 499, no. 3, Spring 2013.