University of Notre DameB.A., 1969
- cum laude
University of VirginiaJ.D., 1972
- American College of Bond Counsel, Fellow
- Michigan Association of County Drain Commissioners, Life Member
- Best Lawyers in America, Municipal Law and Public Finance
- "Lawyer of the Year 2019" - Public Finance Law
- "Lawyer of the Year 2017" - Municipal Law
- Michigan Super Lawyers, Bonds/Government Finance; Government/Cities/Municipalities
- DBusiness Top Lawyers, Public Finance Law
- Charter Township of Bloomfield
- County of Kent; Kent County Department of Aeronautics; Kent County Drain Commissioner
- Great Lakes Water Authority
- Michigan State Housing Development Authority
- County of Ottawa; Ottawa County Road Commission
- City of Grosse Pointe Farms
- City of Troy
- County of Saginaw; Saginaw County Public Works Commissioner
- Charter County of Wayne; Wayne County Drain Commissioner
- JPMorgan Securities LLC
Counsel to the Great Lakes Water Authority in connection with the preparation of the lease with the City of Detroit providing for the long-term lease of the regional assets of the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department to the Authority
Bond counsel to the Great Lakes Water Authority
Counsel to City of Detroit Downtown Development in connection with the development of Comerica Park and Ford Field.
Bond counsel to Michigan State Housing Development Authority in connection with over $5 billion of single-family and multi-family housing revenue bond issues.
Bond counsel to County of Kent in connection with airport revenue bonds for Gerald R. Ford International Airport.
Bond counsel to numerous Michigan issuers of bonds to finance sewer and water systems.
Bond counsel to numerous Michigan county drain commissioners to finance storm water/drainage systems.
Bond counsel to numerous Michigan cities, villages and townships in connection with issuance of general obligation, special assessment and revenue bonds.
Underwriter's counsel and purchaser's counsel for general obligation and revenue bonds.
Bond counsel and underwriter's counsel in connection with bonds issued to finance unfunded pension and retiree health care liabilities
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- State Bar of Michigan Foundation, Member
- Board of Directors, Citizens Research Council of Michigan, 2001-present (Vice Chair 2011-2014; Chair 2014-2017)
- Board of Directors, Notre Dame Club of Detroit 1985-2002; 2006-2008 (President 1991-92)
- Tutor, Detroit Compact (Pelham Middle School), 1992-95
- Frequent speaker to numerous groups in Michigan on matters related to public finance