Rob Mintz, a Member in Dickinson Wright’s Chicago and Austin offices, goes above and beyond for his clients. His background in accounting, tax and business give clients a strategic advantage, informing his representation of clients in a wide variety of matters, including the creation new businesses, private equity and debt venture capital offers, and with business acquisitions, dispositions and liquidations. In his corporate transactional practice, Rob represents domestic and international banking and financial institutions, privately and publicly held businesses, international companies with business interests in the United States and venture capital funds. He also serves as general counsel to several healthcare, real estate, food, and transportation/logistics companies, bringing creativity and financial solutions to those businesses.
As a lawyer, CPA, and fellow business owner, Rob understands how to tackle the challenges faced by clients. He recognizes the important issues clients must address – regarding financial performance, company valuation, growth and expansion plans, sales and markets, their personal objectives, and more – to succeed and maximize the value of their brands and businesses.
He guides companies in the transportation and logistics, real estate, food, medical, and finance and venture capital industries to form new businesses, raise private equity and debt, and acquire, sell, and enhance businesses and properties. To finance their activities, he structures and effects commercial, real estate, and asset-based loan and equipment financing transactions using conventional, mezzanine, and other types of financing.
In addition to his representation of businesses and corporations, Rob works with a variety of financial institutions to effect loan workouts, restructurings and forbearances. He counsels state and national banks on regulatory compliance matters and multilender credit facilities. In real estate, Rob advises developers, lenders and investors to analyze and structure transactions, as well as to acquire and finance properties.
Chicago-Kent College of LawJ.D., 1986
Indiana UniversityB.S., Accounting, 1982
- Illinois Super Lawyers
- Banking and Finance, 2013-2015, 2019-2021
- Illinois Leading Lawyer
- Structured, negotiated and documented a $300 million multi-bank syndicated loan to an international clothing industry company.
- Assisted a developer on the acquisition and financing of numerous apartment complexes in the Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin, Nashville and Cedar Rapids areas, funded with taxable and tax-exempt revenue bonds and HUD financing.
- Assisted the daughter of an Ivy League professor in the restructuring, expansion, and eventual sale of rope and cordage company made out of materials invented by DuPont. The sale amounted to more than eight figures in a private equity transaction and subsequent resale of the business.
- Jewish National Fund
- Executive Board Member
- Former Chairman of the Board and President
- City of Highland Park Business and Economic Development Commission
- Former Chairman of the Board