University of MichiganB.S., Engineering, 1979
Wayne State University Law SchoolJ.D., 1982
- Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers (2006 and 2008)
- Meritor, Inc.
- Compuware Corporation
- Federal-Mogul Corporation
- Ford Motor Company
- Michigan and National Law Firms
- Magna International, Inc.
- Sabo Sistemas Automotivos Ltda and Sabo USA, Inc.
- Sumitomo Electrical Wiring Systems
- Yokowo Manufacturing of America LLC
Lead counsel for Meritor in a business dispute relating to the ownership of intellectual property after the sale of a former division.
Lead/trial counsel for foreign and U.S. automotive suppliers in actions relating to responsibility for costs relating to warranty claims and also the recalls of between 275,000 and 4.2 million vehicles.
Lead/trial counsel for numerous automotive supplier clients defending against and prosecuting commercial product warranty actions.
Consultation with various Tier One and Tier Two supplier clients on (1) NHTSA regulatory matters including compliance with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, defect reporting obligations under Part 573 and product recalls; (2) Tread Act compliance; (3) product warnings: and (4) owner manuals.
Lead/trial counsel for Ford Motor Company in numerous catastrophic injury product liability cases. Lead/trial Counsel for Michigan and National Law Firms in legal malpractice actions.
National discovery counsel for Ford Motor Company in Vehicle Restraints Litigation.
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association
Presented at 2017 AutoLex program in Detroit on autonomous vehicles.
Various articles on issues concerning NHTSA regulations and guidance and autonomous and connected vehicles.
- Wayne Law Review, Co-author, Evidence, Annual Survey of Michigan Law, 1987
- Various Society of Automotive Engineers meetings and TOPTEC conferences, Speaker