Northern Michigan UniversityB.A.
- magna cum laude
Wayne State University Law SchoolJ.D.
- Grand Rapids Magazine
- "Top Lawyers," Municipal Law, Public Finance Law, 2020
- Best Lawyers of America®
- "Lawyer of the Year," Municipal Law 2012, 2016, 2018, 2020
- Michigan Super Lawyers®
- Government Finance, 2008-2019
- National Registry of Who's Who
- Life Member
- R. W. Baird & Co.
- Chase Bank
- Downtown Development Authority of the City of Grand Rapids
- City of Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids-Kent County Convention/Arena Authority
- Grand Rapids SmartZone Tax Increment Finance Authority
- Grand Valley Regional Biosolids Authority
- Kent County
- City of Lowell
- Van Andel Research Institute
Served as bond counsel for over 1,000 tax-exempt bond issues for both public, private and non-profit projects.
Served as bond counsel for the City of Grand Rapids for 2 bond issues totaling $126 million to construct a new 35-mile water main from Lake Michigan to Grand Rapids.
Served as bond counsel for Metropolitan Hospital for $135 million issue to relocate its entire campus.
Served as bond counsel for five bond issues totaling $330 million for the Van Andel Research Institute.
Served as bond counsel for the City of Grand Rapids for 13 bond issues totaling $336 million used to eliminate combined sanitary sewer overflows.
Served as bond counsel for a $55 million issue to construct the Van Andel Arena.
Served as bond counsel for 2 bond issues totaling $84 million for construction of the DeVos Place convention center.
Serve as City Attorney for Hudsonville, Lowell and Rockford and special counsel to numerous other municipalities.
Negotiated the sale of a municipally-owned cable television system to a private purchaser.
Negotiated multi-party municipal water and sanitary sewer wholesale and retail agreements.
Negotiated on behalf of municipalities and private entities numerous public/private development economic development incentive agreements, including the J. W. Marriott, Hemlock Semiconductor and Gallery on Fulton projects.
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- State Bar of Michigan (Taxation and Public Corporations Section)
- Michigan Municipal Attorneys Association
- Mary Free Bed Hospital and Rehabilitation Center Orthotics and Prosthetics Board
- Disability Advocates of Kent County Board