Dartmouth CollegeA.B., 1975
Boston College Law SchoolJ.D., 1978
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Commercial Litigation, 2021
- Michigan Super Lawyers®
- Business Litigation, 2011-2020
- DBusiness Magazine
- "Top Lawyers,"
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- BDO USA
- ConAgra Foods
- Deloitte LLP
- Ernst & Young LLP
- Ford Motor Company
- General Electric Company
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Michigan Public Power Agency
- Praxair, Inc.
- Tachi-S Engineering, U.S.A., Inc.
- United States Olympic Committee
Trial counsel for product manufacturers, suppliers and distributors in defense of products liability, personal injury and class action litigation and arbitration, and in prosecution and defense of commercial litigation matters.
Trial counsel for Big Four, regional and local accounting firms in defense of accountant liability, securities fraud, GAAS and GAAP, ERISA and class action litigation and arbitration.
Trial counsel for Fortune 500, middle market and closely held companies in defense and prosecution of commercial, financial, business tort and contract litigation and arbitration.
Trial counsel for Ford Motor Company in defense of automotive products and personal injury litigation matters and in prosecution and defense of commercial litigation matters.
National Discovery Counsel for Ford Motor Company. Responsible for managing and coordinating discovery in litigation involving various vehicle lines and components, and in responding to non-party subpoenas, in cases throughout the United States.
- Past Chairperson of the Michigan State Bar Litigation Section; Past member, State Bar of Michigan Representative Assembly
- State Bar of Michigan (Business Law, Litigation, Negligence Law, and Master Lawyers Sections), American Bar Association (Litigation and Tort and Insurance Practice Sections), Oakland County Bar Association, Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, Federal Bar Association (Southeastern Michigan Chapter)
- Michigan SCAO Approved Mediator; Case Evaluator, Wayne County, Michigan and Oakland County, Michigan Courts
- Oakland County Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel (President, 2017-2018; Vice President, 2016-2017; Treasurer, 2015-2016; Secretary, 2014-2015; 2016 and 2013 Annual Meeting Chairperson; Past Chairperson, Commercial Litigation Section); President's Special Recognition Award, 2013
- Defense Research Institute (Professional Liability Committee)
- Past Midwest Regional Editor of Professional Liability Update, published by the ABA, Litigation Section Committee on Professional Liability Litigation
- Dartmouth College:
- President, Dartmouth Club of Detroit
- Midwest and Great Plains Region Representative, Dartmouth College Alumni Council
- Member, Dartmouth Lawyers Association
- Past President and member, Board of Directors of the Ivy Club of Detroit
- Past President and member, Board of Directors of the Landings Condominium Association, Boyne City, Michigan
- Past Trustee and Secretary, Bloomfield Village Association
- Past Treasurer and member, Board of Directors of the Birmingham, Michigan Little League
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of International Trade
- Pro hac vice admissions in state courts throughout the United States
- Frequent author and lecturer in programs by the American Bar Association Trial, Tort and Insurance Practice Section, the Institute of Continuing Legal Education, the Michigan Defense Trial Counsel, the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants and the Midwest Securities Law Institute