Howard UniversityB.S., 1973
University of DetroitM.B.A., 1979
University of Michigan Law SchoolJ.D., 1994
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers
- Chandler Park Academy
- Charter County of Wayne
- Hinoki International Academy
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- Michigan State Housing Development Authority
- Michigan Public Educational Facilities Authority
- Nataki Talibah Schoolhouse of Detroit
- PNC Bank
- Siebert Brandford Shank & Co., LLC
- Woodward Academy
Bond Counsel to Michigan State Housing Development Authority on numerous single-family and multi-family housing revenue bond transactions and debt restructurings involving derivative products.
Bond Counsel to Michigan Public Educational Facilities Authority on numerous public school academy long term facilities financings totaling over $430,000,000.
Bond Counsel to Wayne County in bond financing for purchase of the Guardian Building.
Issuer's Counsel in over 100 financing transactions for short and long-term debt issued by public school academies.
Underwriter's counsel to Goldman Sachs & Co. on $140,000,000 City of Detroit, Michigan Distributable State Aid General Obligation (Limited Tax) Bonds, Series 2010.
Underwriter's counsel to Fifth Third Securities, Inc. in a public school academy work-out financing.
Underwriter's counsel to Siebert Brandford Shank & Co., LLC on $500,000,000 School District of the City of Detroit School Building and Site Improvement Refunding Bonds and $142,105,000 School District of the City of Detroit State Aid Notes.
Bond Counsel to Michigan Strategic Fund and underwriter's counsel on numerous private activity bond transactions benefiting manufacturing facilities and nonprofit organizations.
Bond Counsel to Michigan Strategic Fund on private activity bond financing for the Legal Aid and Defenders Association Detroit headquarters.
- Member, State Bar of Michigan
- Member, Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member, Wolverine Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Board Member, Michigan Women in Finance (2003-2008)
- Board of Directors, Detroit Institute of Arts
- Board of Directors, DMC Foundation
- Board of Trustees, Legacy DMC
- Vice Chairperson, Detroit Elected Officials Compensation Commission