Prior to joining Dickinson-Wright, McPike, a Maine native, was a partner at a boutique entertainment law firm in Nashville. While earning his J.D. at the University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly Franklin Pierce Law Center) McPike worked as a student attorney in the school’s Intellectual Property & Transaction Clinic. In college, at the College of the Holy Cross, Noah interned for NBC’s Meet the Press with the late Tim Russert in Washington, D.C.
College of the Holy CrossB.A., Double Major in Political Science and Religious Studies
University of New Hampshire School of Law (Franklin Pierce)J.D.
- Listed in Chambers USA
- Listed in MusicRow’s InCharge Directory of Nashville’s Music Industry Decision Makers
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyers® Rising Star (Mid-South), 2014-2016
- Honorary Member, UMKC Entertainment & Sports Law Society
Represents multiple GRAMMY/CMA/ACM and other industry award winners.
Represents artist clients that have collectively sold more than 25 million albums worldwide.Represents a multitude of #1 songwriters and music producers.
- Tennessee Bar Association Sports and Entertainment Law Section, Executive Counsel
- Copyright Society of the South
Moderator, “From Songwriter to Publisher: Legal Aspects of Starting Your Own Publishing Company,” Music Biz, Nashville, TN (2019)
Panelist, “The Music Industry: What Keeps In-House Counsel Up at Night?” International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)Midyear Meeting, Santa Barbara, CA (2019)
Panelist, “Know the Deal: The Ins and Outs of Publishing Contracts,” Association of Independent Music Publishers (AIMP)Panel, Nashville, TN (2018)
- Speaker/Moderator, “The Modern Approach to Artist Development: From Self Release to Major Label and Everywhere In-between," Music Biz (2018)
- Panelist, “Cocktails & Contracts,” WME, Nashville, TN (2017)
- Panelist, “Planning, Operations, Security and Insurance Issues for Lawyers Working on Mass Events in Music and Sports,” Nashville Bar Association’s Annual Entertainment, Sports and Media CLE, Nashville, TN (2017)
- Panelist, “Why Publishing Is Key for Songwriters & Performers,” SXSW® Conference, Austin, TX (2016)
- Moderator, "An Insider’s Perspective: Negotiating a Publishing Deal Point-by-Point," Tennessee Bar Entertainment & Sports Forum, Nashville, TN (2015)
- Panelist, "Entertainment Law Panel," Music & Entertainment Law Symposium, University of Illinois College of Law, Champagne, IL (2015)
- Speaker, "Make (or Break) Your Business: Tips For Building Your Music Business," Immerse 2013, Nashville, TN (2013)
- Panelist, "Modern Producer Deals: Negotiation Tactics and Opportunities," 24th Annual North American Entertainment, Sports, and Intellectual Property Law Conference, Cancun, Mexico (2012)