Nic practices principally in the areas of real estate and corporate law. His goal is to serve clients in a general outside counsel capacity where he can provide practical advice on various legal issues affecting businesses and individuals.
In his real estate practice, he counsels businesses and individuals in purchasing, selling, and leasing transactions, as well as construction, development and other real estate matters. He also has extensive experience in assisting clients with condominium projects and alternative energy projects, particularly wind energy. In his corporate practice, he assists clients in corporate governance and general corporate matters.
University of MichiganB.B.A., 2005
- High Distinction
University of Notre Dame Law SchoolJ.D., 2008
- magna cum laude
- Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers "Rising Stars"
- Harbor Shores Community Redevelopment, LLC
- Mary Free Bed Hospital & Rehabilitation Center
- Steelcase Inc.
- University of Michigan
- Westwind Construction
- Whirlpool Corporation
Counsel to owners, developers, contractors, landlords, tenants, sellers, purchasers and lenders in connection with all aspects of real estate transactions and general corporate matters.
Extensive experience with the development and operation of condominium projects, including residential, commercial and mixed-use projects.
Extensive experience in the registration of residential condominium developments under the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act.
Counsel to small and large businesses, including nonprofit organizations, in general corporate and real estate matters.
Extensive experience in contractual and real estate matters relating to alternative energy projects.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Grand Rapids Real Property Law Section Executive Committee
- Past Editor, Dickinson Wright Real Estate Newsletter
- City of Norton Shores Planning Commission Member
- Summer Associate, Dickinson Wright PLLC, 2007
- Contributor, State-by-State Guide to Commercial Leasing, 2014 – Present.
- Co-Presenter, “Construction Contracting Today: Key Legal and Drafting Issues,” ALI-CLE 2014.
- Presenter, “The End of the Beginning: The Intersection of Fit Out and Lease Commencement,” State Bar of Michigan Real Estate Section Summer Conference, 2013.
- Author, "Stimulus Plan Holds Opportunities for Business: SBA Loan Programs," Dickinson Wright Client Alert Newsletter, February 2009.