State University of New York at OneontaB.A., Political Science , 1973
- with honors
University of Arizona College of LawJ.D., 1977
- with distinction
- Order of the Coif
- Southwest Super Lawyers®
- Business Litigation, 2010-2021
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Commercial Litigation, Appellate Practice, Arbitration, Mediation, Litigation - Municipal, 2007-2021
- "Lawyer of the Year," Litigation - Municipal, 2015, 2018
- State Bar of Arizona
- Outstanding Young Lawyer, 1988
- Judge Pro Tempore, Arizona Court of Appeals, Dept. S (1994)
Lead defense counsel for chemical distribution company in Class Action lawsuit relating to accidental discharge of chlorine gas.
Represented owner of wastewater treatment facility in enforcement action by Arizona Department of Environmental Quality.
Lead counsel for municipality pursuing claims against parties responsible for designing and constructing a water-treatment facility for the remediation of TCE contamination.
Represented developer of upscale residential project with respect to claims arising from and related to major spill of diesel fuel from above-ground fuel storage tank on construction site.
Represented general contractor in contract dispute with school district regarding asbestos-remediation project.
Represented redeveloper of commercial property defending claims by and asserting counterclaims against remediation contractor relating to removal of asbestos from existing buildings prior to demolition
Served as arbitrator in multi-million dollar dispute between seller and purchaser of mixed-use project involving groundwater contamination and remediation.
Representation of redeveloper of commercial property in adversary proceedings relating to purchase and sale of contaminated property and insurance coverage for remediation.
Represented national truck rental company in environmental enforcement action by the Attorney General of the State of California.
- State Bar of Arizona; Maricopa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Sports Lawyers Association
- Certified Agent, Major League Baseball Players Association (Inactive)
- Chairman, Maricopa County Volunteer Lawyers Program, 1989-91
- Director, Arizona Bar Foundation, 1996-2001
- Director, Law College Association, University of Arizona, 1984-96
- President, Valley of the Sun Kiwanis Club, 2001-02
- Member, Valley of the Sun Kiwanis Club, 1993-present; Director, Valley of the Sun Kiwanis Club, 1996-2003
- Director, Community Legal Services, 1985-91 Board of Visitors, University of Arizona College of Law, 1997-present
- Co-author, “DeJonghe v. E.F. Hutton: Innocent Misrepresentation & Securities Fraud,” Arizona Attorney (Jan. 1993)
- In Defense of Behavior Modification for Prisoners: Eighth Amendment Considerations, 18 Ariz. L. Rev. 110 (1976)