Michael focuses his practice in commercial litigation, bankruptcy and insolvency, and other complex business disputes. In addition to his broad-based commercial practice, Michael frequently represents Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and tiered automotive suppliers in supply chain litigation, financial restructurings, workouts, and asset sales.
Michigan State UniversityB.A., 2010
The Ohio State University, Moritz College of LawJ.D., 2014
- The Ohio State Law Journal, Associate Editor
- National Moot Court Competition Team, Member
- Adient US LLC
- Caterpillar Financial Services Corp.
- Detroit Thermal Systems, LLC
- FCA US LLC f/k/a Chrysler Group LLC
- Flagstar Bank, FSB
- JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- Magna International, Inc., and its affiliates
- Weber Manufacturing Technologies, Inc.
- Yanfeng Global Automotive Interiors Systems Co., Ltd.
Represented OEMs and Tier I automotive suppliers in supply agreement disputes against subordinate suppliers, including crisis stop-ship situations and claim and delivery actions to recover tooling and materials
Obtained temporary restraining order on behalf of Tier I automotive supplier requiring its customer to continue shipping parts integral to Tier I supplier’s assembly and supply of components to original equipment manufacturer
Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of Tier II automotive supplier after more than two years of discovery in dispute with Tier I supplier involving breach of contract and breach of warranty claims totaling over $10 million
Obtained summary disposition and dismissal of all direct and third-party claims against metal fabrication company in contract dispute arising from company’s acquisition of competitor
Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of former salesman in automotive industry in dispute involving claims for misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of contract
Defended former executive of steel processing company against former employer’s claims of breach of fiduciary duty and conversion, culminating in eight-day arbitration
Counsel to over 25 consignment creditors in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case and related adversary proceeding against national supplier of books, music, and other media
Counsel to large Canadian oil producer with respect to Chapter 11 bankruptcy of critical hazardous waste recycler
Counsel to OEMs and Tier I automotive suppliers in various bankruptcy matters
- Dickinson Wright, PLLC Summer Associate (2013)
- Extern to Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor, Supreme Court of Ohio (2012)
- “Clarifying Candor: Why the Model Rules Should Draw Bright Lines for Attorneys' Truth-Telling Duties in Arbitration, Mediation, and Unassisted Negotiation,” Mayhew- Hite Report on Dispute Resolution and the Courts, Vol. 12, Issue 2.