Mario Franke is Of Counsel in the firm's Commercial Litigation Department in the El Paso office of Dickinson Wright. Mr. Franke focuses his practice on business, commercial, product liability, tort and negligence matters. He is also experienced in federal and state labor and employment litigation matters.
Mr. Franke holds a Bachelor of Business Administration and a Master in Professional Accounting from the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin. He also graduated with honors from The University of Texas School of Law.
Mr. Franke served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Frank Montalvo, Judge, United States District Court for the Western District of Texas. He is a C.P.A. licensed in the State of Texas and worked as an associate in the International Tax Services Group of a national "Big Four" accounting firm prior to attending law school.
The University of Texas at AustinB.B.A., 2004
- magna cum laude
The University of Texas at AustinM.P.A., 2004
The University of Texas School of LawJ.D., 2010
- cum laude
- New Mexico
- State Bar of Texas, 2010
- State Bar of New Mexico, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico
- U.S. Tax Court
- Author, "Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) Ends September 28, 2018," Dickinson Wright Tax Blog, September 17, 2018
- Presenter, "What Else Could Go Wrong? Current Trends in Tax Controversy," El Paso Chapter TSPCA, August 28, 2018
- Co-author, “Supreme Court’s Denial of Review Causes Frustration Among Taxpayers, Taxing Agencies, Lower Courts,” Bloomberg Tax Daily Tax Report™: State, February 14, 2018