Manali Shah is an Associate in Dickinson Wright’s Intellectual Property Litigation practice group, practicing out of the firm’s Silicon Valley office. Having previously served as an IP litigation paralegal with a mid-sized international corporate law firm based in Redwood City, California, Manali has experience filing and drafting trademark and copyright applications and office action responses; performing patent, copyright and trademark searches; preparing domain name dispute complaints; handling motions, discovery issues and trial preparation; and a variety of other related litigation and prosecution tasks.
Manali is dual licensed, with the ability to practice law in both California and India. She has held roles in the legal sector in both the United States and India, having acted as a legal intern and licensing associate for several years with companies and law firms located in Gujarat, India.
University of California, Berkeley, School of LawLL.M, 2017
Nirma University Institute of LawB.A., Law, 2015
- Best Lady Advocate Award, All India Moot Court Competition, 2013
- Assisted lead counsel in 2021 federal trademark case that was heard by an eight-member jury from November 1 - 17 in Judge Chen's court in San Francisco. Verdict of $14.5 million was awarded to SinCo Technologies Pte Ltd.
- Assisted various attorneys in filing more than 100 trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- State Bar of California
- Bar Council of India
- Gujarat Bar Council, Member
- Surveillance Instruments: A Question on the Right to Privacy!, 35th All India Criminology Conference on Organised and Transnational Crimes: State and Non-State Responses and Victim Perspectives, March 2012