Ms. Harada is an attorney admitted to practice in Japan (not admitted in the U.S.). She worked as an associate for almost five years at Nagashima Ohno and Tsunematsu, one of Japan’s leading law firms, and has various experience in international transactions relating to auto industries, and regulatory matters in Europe and America.
She obtained her LL.M. degree in 2019 from the University of Chicago Law School and gained broad knowledge focusing on corporate law and international transactions. After that, she supported attorneys at a law firm in Kentucky regarding various legal issues mainly for Japanese manufacturing plants.日本語のプロフィールについては、こちらをご参照ください。
University of Chicago Law SchoolLL.M., 2019
University of TokyoBachelor of Laws, 2010
University of Tokyo Law SchoolJ.D., 2012
- Daiichi Tokyo Bar Association
Dickinson Wright PLLC (Troy, MI), Deputy Director of Japanese Business Development, January 2020 - present
- Assists communications between clients and qualified attorneys with respect to various legal matters that Japanese companies face in their business operations in the U.S.
Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP (Louisville, KY), International Legal Researcher, September 2019 - January 2020
- Supported attorneys including research on various legal matters including the following matters that Japanese companies face in their business operations in the U.S.
- Drafting and reviewing various kinds of contracts including Terms and Conditions
- Various employment related matters including hiring and laying off
- Advising on individual and corporate tax related matters
- Supporting U.S. visa applications
- Reviewing and negotiating real estate related contracts including business lease agreement
Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu (Tokyo, Japan), Associate, 2013 - 2018
- Drafted, reviewed and negotiated various contracts with respect to international transactions, including IP and licensing agreements
- Advised on compliance matters for Japanese companies and their overseas business offices
- Represented companies for domestic and international litigation and arbitrations
- Provided regulatory advice on fund related transactions
- Advised REITs for their acquisitions and sales of real estate