Arizona State UniversityB.S., 1979
- summa cum laude
University of Michigan Law SchoolJ.D., 1982
- Best Lawyers in America, Municipal Law and Public Finance Law
- "Lawyer of the Year 2018" - Municipal Law
- "Lawyer of the Year 2017" - Public Finance Law
- DBusiness Top Lawyers, Municipal Law and Public Finance Law
- Charter Township of Lyon
- Great Lakes Water Authority
- Genesee County Treasurer; Genesee County Road Commission
- City of Oak Park
- JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- Oakland County Water Resource Commissioner
- Ingham County Land Bank Fast Track Authority
- Midland County; Midland County Board of Public Works
- Mott Community College
- Kent County Treasurer
Bond counsel to numerous Michigan counties, cities, townships, and villages for the financing of a wide variety of public improvements through the issuance of general obligation, revenue, and special assessment bonds and bond anticipation notes.
Counsel to the Great Lakes Water Authority in connection with the leasing of regional water supply and sewer system improvements from the City of Detroit to serve seven Southeast Michigan counties.
Bond counsel to approximately 15 counties annually in connection with the issuance of delinquent tax notes and developed programs for the placement of the notes with financial institutions.
Bond counsel on first Michigan county land bank authority bond and note issues for Genesee and Ingham County land bank authorities.
Counsel in connection with the creation and operation of municipal financing authorities such as building authorities, joint water and sewer authorities, tax increment finance authorities and fire protection authorities.
Drafted legislation to permit Michigan school districts to finance the acquisition of real and personal property by installment purchase contracts.
Counsel to municipal and school clients with respect to obligations imposed by SEC Rule 15c2-12.
Bond counsel to counties and municipalities in connection with the issuance of tax credit bonds such as Build America Bonds (land acquisition for recreational purposes in the Charter Township of Northville), Recovery Zone Economic Development Bonds (water supply and sewer system improvements in Oakland County) and Recovery Zone Facility Bonds (jail facilities in Newaygo County).
Bond counsel to the counties of Genesee, Osceola and Saginaw for the financing of energy savings improvements through the issuance of Qualified Energy Conservation Bonds.
Bond counsel on numerous financings through Midland and Oakland counties to improve water supply and sewer system facilities throughout the counties.
Counsel to banks in connection with their purchase of municipal bonds, notes and installment purchase contracts.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Public Corporation Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Bloomfield Boosters, Past President
- Frequent presenter and speaker to Michigan public finance associations (such as Michigan Association of County Treasurers, Michigan Association of County Administrative Officers, Michigan Townships Association and Government Finance Officers Association) on public finance matters
- Presenter to new county treasurers at training sessions sponsored by the United County Officers Association
- "Municipal and Public Sector Market; Energy Efficiency Financing Tools and Case Law Studies," May, 2014, at Energy Conference and Exhibition 2014 - Engineering Society of Detroit
- "The Brave New World of Regulations," February, 2014, at 2014 Winter Seminar - Public Corporation Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan
- Client Alert: Michigan Enacts Law Authorizing State Treasurer to Reallocate Recovery Zone Bond Allocations; August 31, 2010