University of Notre DameA.B., 1969
- cum laude
University of Michigan Law SchoolJ.D., 1972
- cum laude
- Michigan Super Lawyers®
- Business & Corporate Law, 2006-2019
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Corporate Law, International Mergers and Acquisitions, 2013-2022
- DBusiness Magazine
- "Top Lawyers," 2019
- ACO, Inc.
- Oakland County Water Resources Commissioner
- Great Lakes Water Authority
- Oakland Hills Country Club
Counsel to Oakland County Water Resources Commissioner in numerous municipal bond financings.
Counsel to Oakland County, Michigan in connection with privatization of its medical care facility.
Counsel to numerous publicly and privately held companies; boards of directors; and audit, compensation, nominating and other special committees on Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance and corporate governance issues.
Counsel to buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions in the automotive, construction, health care, information technology, insurance and retail industries.
Counsel to business organizations with respect to corporate finance, commercial lending, and commercial operating issues.
Currently serving as Corporate Secretary to ACO, Inc., advising it on all aspects of corporate governance.
Counsel to Michigan’s largest health care company and insurance subsidiaries in connection with sale of stock of Health Care Exchange Ltd. to Dental Network of America, LLC.
- Chief Executive Officer of the Firm, 1991-2000; Administrative Partner, 1982-1985
- American Bar Association
- ACO, Inc., Corporate Secretary
- Member, Board of Water Commissioners, Detroit Water and Sewerage Department, 2011 - 2015
- City of Birmingham, MI, Planning Board, 2007 - present
- Notre Dame Club of Detroit, Board of Directors, 1979-1987; 1994- 1996; President, 1984; Recipient, 1993 Award of the Year
- Economic Club of Detroit, Board of Directors, 1996-2001
- National Club Association, Board of Directors, 1994-2006; Secretary, 1995-1997; Treasurer, 1997-1998; Vice President, 1998-2002; Chairman, 2002-2003
- Greater Detroit and Windsor Japan-America Society, Board of Directors
- Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 1994-2002; Vice Chairman, 1997-2002
- Detroit Legal News Company, Inc., Board of Directors, 1997-2006
- "The Impact of The Dodd Frank Act on Automotive Companies that utilize Conflict Minerals," August 2011
- American Corporate Counsel Association/American Society of Corporate Secretaries/State Bar of Michigan Business Law Section Seminar, "Sarbanes Oxley Panel Discussion," March 2004
- Automation Alley Seminar, "Best Practices Forum on Corporate Governance," October 2004
- Original Equipment Suppliers Association Seminar, "Best Practices Roundtable Discussion of Ethical and Legal Compliance Practices," November 2004
- R.R. Donnelley/American Corporate Counsel Association/American Society of Corporate Securities/State Bar of Michigan Business Law Section Seminar, "SEC Hot Topics Institute," November 2005