Emma E. Trivax is an associate attorney with Dickinson Wright, where she is a part of the healthcare law group. Emma’s practice focuses on Medicare, Medicaid and third-party payor audits, licensing and regulatory compliance matters, and Fraud and Abuse matters, including compliance with the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark law, and other federal and state fraud and abuse laws. Emma is particularly knowledgeable on the collateral-claims exception and how to navigate the administrative appeals process for various audits and healthcare appeals.
University of Michigan DearbornB.S., Behavioral Sciences
- James B. Angell Scholar
- University High Honors
- summa cum laude
Wayne State UniversityJ.D.
- Moot Court Member 2018–2019; Moot Court Chancellor 2019–2020
- Law Review Assistant Editor 2018–2019; Law Review Note and Comment Editor 2019–2020
- Research Assistant to Dean Richard A. Bierschbach
- cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Gold Key Certificate 2018–2020
- Governor’s Scholar
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Emma E. Trivax, The Collateral-Claim Exception: A Unique Solution to the Harmful Backlog of Medicare Appeals, 65 WAYNE L. REV. 687 (2020)
- Andrew B. Wachler, Stephen J. Shaver, & Emma E. Trivax, Health Providers May Accept Provider Relief Fund Payments Without Knowing What They Signed Up For, in STATE BAR OF MICHIGAN: HEALTH CARE LAW SECTION, June 29, 2020.
- Andrew B. Wachler, Kaitlin Nucci, & Emma E. Trivax, Medicare Auditors, Recent Reforms, and Federal Court Jurisdiction to Seek Injunctive Relief, in HEALTH LAW HANDBOOK, 311 (Thomson Reuters ed., 2020).