Mitesh Patel’s practice focuses on representation of public entities, real estate transactions and commercial litigation with emphasis on real estate related disputes. He has experience with real estate transactions (including acquisition, disposition, lease, easements, etc.), development agreements, water and well issues, land use and easement issues, impact fee agreements, government property lease excise taxes (GPLETs), public records, open meeting laws, and procurement.
Mitesh has specific experience representing municipal public bodies, including the Town of Fountain Hills, Town of Queen Creek, and the Maricopa Association of Governments. In addition, he has a master’s degree in real estate development and has experience with all aspects of purchase and sale transactions, lease transactions, coordinating the due diligence, etc.
University of ArizonaB.S., Electrical Engineering, 1999
- cum laude
- Dean's List
Arizona State University, W.P. Carey School of Business2011
- Master of Real Estate Development
Arizona State University, Sandra Day O'Connor College of LawJ.D., 2014
- summa cum laude
- Willard H. Pedrick Scholar (Dean’s List); 10 Cali Awards (Highest Grade in Class)
- Strauss Award from Center for Law, Science and Technology
- Arizona State Law Journal, Associate Editor, Technology Editor
- Perkins Coie Patent Litigation Fellowship
- College of Law Scholarship, American Corporate Counsel Association Scholarship
- Represent private companies in the acquisition and disposition of real property in a variety of sectors of the market, including vacant land, automobile dealerships/land, car washes, storage facilities, and medical office buildings.
- Draft and review purchase and sale agreements (including related documents such as deeds, assignments, bills of sale, non-compete agreements, access agreements, temporary easements), lead and conduct title and due diligence review, coordinate due diligence (including surveys and environmental analysis), and coordinate transaction closing procedures.
- Draft and review lease agreements for facilities in a variety of market segments, including retail, restaurants, office, industrial, and medical office.
- Conduct zoning review and use analysis.
- Review development agreements and draft impact fee agreements.
- Analysis of government property lease excise tax agreements and create pro formas.
- Draft and review declarations of code, covenants and restrictions.
- Draft and review well-water sharing agreements.
- Represent several public bodies as town or general counsel.
- Draft and review purchase and sale agreements for real property, right-of-way purchase agreements, licenses to use property, easements, dedication agreements, and access agreements.
- Coordinate due diligence and closing procedures.
- Draft, review, and enforce development agreements between municipalities and private developers.
- Draft and review water use and water recharge agreements.
- Draft and review all procurement agreements, ordinances, and resolutions.
- Draft and review new laws.
- Advise municipal councils, boards, and commissions.
- Research and draft pleadings in a variety of cases in state and district court, including issues involving breach of contract, easement violations, government property lease excise taxes, leases, and tribal sovereign immunity.
- Take the deposition of witnesses in a trademark infringement case.
- Member, Arizona State Bar
- Member, Scottsdale, Arizona and National Board of Realtors
- Member, Arizona State University Art Museum Creative Impact Board
- Member, Maricopa County Recorder’s Advisory Panel
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- 5-years experience as a digital design engineer at Motorola
- 6-years experience as a project manager for a residential general contractor
- 9-years experience as a licensed real estate sales person / 6-years experience as a licensed real estate broker
Contributing Author, Arbitrators’ Award of Pre-Award, Post-Award, and Post-Confirmation Interest CLE
Contributing Author, Quantum Meruit and Unjust Enrichment Construction Industry Claims CLE
Author and Presenter, The Appraisal of Real Estate CLE