University of DetroitB.S., 1985
- magna cum laude
Notre Dame Law SchoolJ.D., 1988
- magna cum laude
- Kiley Fellow
- Articles Editor, Notre Dame Law Review
- Arkema, Inc.
- FCA US LLC
- E.I. DuPont de Nemours and Company
- Ford Motor Company
- JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Liberty Property Trust
- Magna International Inc.
- MGM Grand Detroit LLC
- Minergy Corporation
- Wind Point Partners
Lead counsel for Minergy Detroit LLC in all aspects of significant Brownfield development and wastewater solids recycling project (including property purchase, permitting, contracts, tax incentives, and negotiation of covenant not to sue agreement with state and memorandum of understanding with U.S. EPA).
Addressed specialized environmental issues in pipeline easement negotiations for Enbridge Energy Limited Partnership.
Conducted environmental permit reviews for multiple wind farm projects.
Group counsel for 110 member PRP group in multi-million dollar Superfund cleanup near Mississippi River in Illinois.
Environmental counsel for Magna International in numerous acquisitions and divestitures of manufacturing, warehousing and office properties.
National audit counsel for Arkema, Inc. and Michigan Counsel in environmental remediation, discharge permitting, hazardous waste compliance, air permitting and compliance, auditing and emergency response matters.
Lead outside counsel for MGM Grand Detroit on environmental issues associated with numerous property acquisitions.
Lead outside counsel for Chrysler Group LLC on nationwide environmental auditing program, including audit privilege counseling.
Counsel for Jervis B. Webb Company on environmental compliance issues nationwide.
Lead environmental counsel for JPMorgan Chase Bank on numerous industrial and commercial financings.
Obtained relief from state consent decree for JPMorgan Chase Bank in significant environmental cleanup litigation matter.
National environmental counsel on real estate acquisitions and investments for companies with nationwide investment portfolios, including Intermedia Outdoors and Wind Point Partners.
Counsel for the City of Grand Rapids Downtown Development Authority on environmental aspects of acquisitions and operations.
Environmental counsel for local redevelopment authorities, including Lansing Brownfield Redevelopment Authority, Ingham County Land Bank, and City of Holland Brownfield Redevelopment Authority.
Counsel for the City of Southfield and Buchanan Township in wetlands permitting matters for municipal projects.
Assistant counsel in two of the largest emergency response incidents in Michigan: a major gasoline spill/fire from a tanker vessel and a major fire at a chemical plant.
- Michigan State Bar, Environmental Law Section, Council (1999-2005), Co-Chair Ethics Committee (2000-2003), Program Committee
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- East Michigan Chapter, Air and Waste Management Association(AWMA)
- ASTM International
- Alumni Board, College of Engineering & Science, University of Detroit Mercy
- St. Robert Bellarmine Church, Cantor and Choir Member
- Lecturer, Explorathon (1997-present)
- Speaker, "Turning Audit Findings into Silver Linings… Implementing a Successful EHS Internal Auditing Program,” Manufacturer's Education Council symposium, March 2021
- Environmental Law Deal Strategies: Leading Lawyers on Identifying Environmental Liabilities, Structuring Transactions, and Developing a Negotiation Strategy (chapter author)(Aspatore Books 2008)
- Funding, Siting & Permitting Renewable Energy Projects in Brownfields, National Brownfields Conference, May 2008
- MDEQ Response to Part 201 Workgroup Recommendations, East Michigan Chapter AWMA News & Notes, Fall 2007
- All Appropriate Inquiry and Potential Effect of "Cuno" on Brownfield Credits, Michigan Lawyers Weekly, February 21, 2005