Indiana UniversityA.B., 1964
University of Michigan Law SchoolJ.D., 1967
- Michigan Super Lawyers®
- Energy & Natural Resources Law, 2013-2019
- Best Lawyers in America®
- "Lawyer of the Year," Energy Law, 2015, 2021
- Who's Who in America: MidWest, American Law, World
- State of Michigan
- State of Indiana
- American Red Cross
- Shell Oil Corp
- Belden & Blake Corporation
- General Chemical Corp.
- Columbia Gas Transmission Corporation (Natural Gas)
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, NA
- County of Marquette
- Dome Pipeline Corporation
Counsel to various parties in the oil and gas, mining, and electricity industries regarding production, generation, transmission, storage, deregulation, contract, lease, purchase, sales and litigation matters.
Counsel to various mineral owners and producers in negotiating and enforcing oil and gas leases and related agreements.
Counsel to State of Michigan in connection with the sale of extensive gas royalty interests.
Consultant to State of Indiana on large coal gasification project and related gas purchase contracts.
Counsel to American Red Cross on mining and energy matters in various states.
Natural Gas Law Counsel to the Claims Mediator in the Columbia Gas Transmission Bankruptcy Proceedings in Wilmington, DE (1992-1999).
Arbitrator and mediator in various energy industry matters.
Counsel to various parties in connection with spacing, pooling, unitization, proration, pipeline and storage certifications, rate proceedings, and other regulatory actions.
Counsel to Shell Oil Company in connection with litigation testing the constitutionality of the Michigan Dormant Minerals Act, culminating in a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court.
Counsel to several Canadian gas producers and utilities in civil litigation pertaining to the effect of changes in U.S. regulation on long-term gas sales contracts.
- Co-Chair, FERC Natural Gas Course (Executive Enterprises, 1996-present)
- Co-Chair, Mastering The Essentials of the Natural Gas Industry (Executive Enterprises, 1995-present)
- Co-Chair, The Fundamentals of the Natural Gas Industry for the 90s (Executive Enterprises, 1995)
- First Vice Chair of the Board, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, San Diego, CA
- African Wildlife Foundation, Washington, D.C., Board of Trustees
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Southeastern Michigan, Vice Chair of Board of Directors
- Detroit Historical Society, Board of Trustee
- Hundred Club, Detroit, MI, Member