Rob Mintz, a Member in Dickinson Wright’s Austin and Chicago offices, goes above and beyond for his clients. His background in accounting, tax and business give clients a strategic advantage, advising his clients in a wide variety of matters, including the creation new businesses, private equity and debt venture capital offers, and with business acquisitions, dispositions and liquidations. In his corporate transactional practice, Rob represents domestic and international banking and financial institutions, privately and publicly held businesses, international companies with business interests in the United States and venture capital funds. He also serves as general counsel to several healthcare, real estate, food, and transportation/logistics companies, bringing creativity and financial solutions to those businesses.
As a lawyer, CPA, and fellow business owner, Rob understands how to tackle the challenges faced by clients. He recognizes the important issues clients must address – regarding financial performance, company valuation, growth and expansion plans, sales and markets, their personal objectives, and more – to succeed and maximize the value of their brands and businesses.
He guides companies to form new businesses, structure and raise private equity and debt, and acquire, sell, and enhance businesses and properties. To finance their activities, he structures and effects commercial, real estate, and asset-based loan and equipment financing transactions using conventional, mezzanine, and other types of financing.
In addition to his representation of businesses and corporations, Rob works with a variety of financial institutions to effect loan workouts, restructurings and forbearances. In real estate, Rob advises developers, lenders and investors to analyze and structure transactions, as well as to acquire and finance properties. Rob interfaces with private investors, family offices and funds within all capital tiers.
Chicago-Kent College of LawJ.D., 1986
Notre Dame Law SchoolSummer 1984, London Campus
Indiana UniversityB.S., Accounting, 1982
- Illinois Super Lawyers
- Banking and Finance, 2013-2015, 2019-2022
- Illinois Leading Lawyer
- Structured, negotiated and documented a $300 million multi-bank syndicated loan to an international clothing industry company.
- Assisted a developer on the capital raise, acquisition and financing of numerous apartment complexes in the Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin, Nashville and Cedar Rapids areas, funded with taxable and tax-exempt revenue bonds and HUD financing.
- Represented single family home developer (and trader) with multiple capital raises, PPMs and loan financings.
- Structured and documented over $2.5 billion of Reg. D. capital raises in a wide variety of industries, from real estate to securities, both domestically and around the world.
- Represent one of the world's largest real estate and infrastructure owner, operator, lender and developer in a variety of projects.
- Structured documented and closed over $4 billion of various loans including: conventional; taxable and tax-exempt bond transactions; syndicated; asset-based; real estate; mezzanine, aircraft; ships, off-shore funds; and artwork related.
- Assisted the daughter of an Ivy League professor in the restructuring, expansion, and eventual sale of rope and cordage company made out of materials invented by DuPont. The sale amounted to more than eight figures in a private equity transaction and subsequent resale of the business.
- Represented sponsors, investors, buyers and sellers in the acquisition or sale of more than 100 privately held companies.
- Amicably resolved multiple "business divorces" between co-owners, while avoiding costly litigation.
- Jewish National Fund
- Executive Board Member
- Former Chairman of the Board and President
- City of Highland Park Business and Economic Development Commission
- Former Chairman of the Board
- Host of the City of Highland Park's Business Summit
- City of Highland Park Beautification Task Force
- The Standard Club
- Long time Board Member and Officer