Michigan State UniversityB.A., Business Administration, 2009
- With honors
- Academic All-Big Ten
- Michigan State Top Scholar Athlete Award winner, 2006, 2007, 2008
Michigan State University College of LawJ.D., 2013
- Magna cum laude
- Trial Practice Institute, Member, 2011-13
- Inns of Court, Student Representative, 2012-13
- Michigan Political Leadership Program (affiliated with MSU Institute for Public Policy and Social Research), Fellow, 2012
- MSU Housing Clinic, Student Clinician, 2013
- Benchmark Litigation
- "40 and Under Hot List," 2023
- Best Lawyers in America®
- "Ones to Watch," Commercial Litigation, 2022, 2024
- Michigan Super Lawyers®
- "Rising Stars," Business Litigation, 2015-2022
- Professional Dental Alliance, LLC
- Refresh Dental Holdings, LLC
- Enbridge Energy, Limited Partnership
- Federal-Mogul Corporation
- Genesee Intermediate School District
- Covenant HealthCare
- Lenawee Stamping Corporation
Successfully represented clients in obtaining various licenses before the Michigan Liquor Control Commission.
Successfully defended clients against allegations of regulatory violations before the Michigan Marijuana Regulatory Agency.
Successfully represented multiple clients, including gas and electric suppliers and other energy providers, across a wide array of complex topics before the Michigan Public Service Commission. Representation has included matters involving gas and electric rate disputes, power supply and gas cost recovery, distribution increase requests, and other matters involving contested case hearings.
Successfully obtained dismissal in federal court on a claim asserted under ERISA, regarding an issue of first impression throughout the country.
Successfully assisted in the defense of a client in a multi-day jury trial in a case involving allegations of lost profits, and ultimately obtained a jury verdict against the plaintiff and in favor of the client.
Successfully obtained judgment for liability and damages in multi-week federal jury trial regarding prisoner’s rights matter where client was denied his First Amendment Rights by prison officers.
Successfully represented numerous individuals in maintaining/extending personal protection orders against domestic abusers.
Successfully represented individuals in license appeal to the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
Member of litigation team that successfully represented Federal-Mogul Corporation in patent infringement action before the International Trade Commission.
Experienced in license appeals to the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
Experienced in issues related to political action committees.
Assisted in representing the State of Michigan in the City of Detroit Bankruptcy eligibility dispute.
Currently representing clients in a number of commercial litigation matters in both judicial and arbitration forums. Have represented clients in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Illinois and Ohio, with cases involving fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, negligence, tortious interference with business relationships, and other tort and contractual causes of action.
Successfully settled numerous cases with positive results for clients at all stages of litigation.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Ingham County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association for the Western District of Michigan
- Governor’s Fitness Council on Sports and Physical Fitness