Enjoys working collaboratively with clients to develop creative and pragmatic solutions to business and legal issues. Andrew has extensive M&A and tax experience across diverse industries and is familiar with what's market in M&A and in translating technical deal points into action items.
Andrew works primarily with private equity funds and their portfolio companies, middle market business, and high net worth individuals and entrepreneurs.
University of MichiganB.A.
Wayne State UniversityJ.D.
- cum laude
Wayne State UniversityLL.M
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Corporate Law & International Mergers and Acquisitions, 2020-2021
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- "Recognized Practitioner," Corporate Law & Mergers and Acquisitions, 2019
- The Legal 500 United States
- "Recommended Lawyer," 2017, 2019, 2021, 2022
- Growth Catalyst Partners
- Superior Capital Partners
- Nelson-Miller, Inc.
- Active Interest Media, Inc.
- Peninsula Capital Partners
- Opus Agency
- XanEdu Publishing
- Anand NVH Products
- The Stable
- Shift Paradigm
Serve as lead counsel to private equity funds in the acquisition, divestiture and financing of portfolio companies as well as portfolio company counsel as to ongoing legal affairs and in relation to numerous "add-on" acquisitions.
Counsel to various publicly and privately owned companies in numerous merger and acquisition transactions, including LBO's, MBO's, recapitalization and divestiture transactions.
Outside counsel to Anand NVH Products, Active Interest Media, Inc., Opus Agency, Superior Capital Partners, Growth Catalyst Partners, and numerous portfolio companies of private equity firms.
Counsel to organizers in the structuring and capitalization of limited liability companies and other business entities.
Counsel to numerous entities in relation to contract and general corporate matters with a focus on tax planning.
Counsel to clients in audit and tax controversy matters, including acting as counsel to TG Missouri in TG Missouri Corp. v. Commissioner, 133 TC 13 (2009).
- State Bar of Michigan
- Metropolitan Detroit Bar Association
- Chair of the Tax Section of the State Bar of Michigan
- Association of Corporate Growth Detroit, Chairperson of Board of Directors and former President
- Former treasurer and member of Board of Directors, Grosse Pointe Hockey Association
- Lecturer, The Institute for Continuing Legal Education - Annual Business Law Institute, "Tax Consequences of Business Entity Choices"
- Lecturer, Federal Income Tax Committee of The Tax Section of The State Bar of Michigan, "The New Partnership Audit Rules"
- Lecturer, National Business Institute, “Buying and Selling a Business in Michigan”
- Lecturer, Michigan Association of CPAs, “Income Tax Implications of Environmental Expenditures”
- Author of Chapter XV, “Mergers/Acquisitions” of “A Contractor’s Guide to Michigan Construction Law”, published by the Association of General Contractors of Michigan
- Author of Chapter, “The Future of Tax Law for Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds,” for “Inside the Minds, Tax Law Developments Affecting Private Equity and Venture Capital,” published by Aspatore Books, a Thomson Reuters Business
- Lecturer, Taxation Section of the State Bar of Michigan Annual Tax Conference, “Target Allocations: The Cutting Edge in Tax Allocations for LLC Operating Agreements”
- Moderator of panel discussion, Association of Corporate Growth-Detroit, "You Closed, Now What? - A Six Month Post-Closing Plan"
- Lecturer, Federal Income Tax Committee of the Tax Section of the Michigan Bar, "Purchase Price Allocations and Related Issues"
- Panelist, Association of Corporate Growth - Detroit, "Transactional Due Diligence - Looking Beyond the Numbers"