Before joining Dickinson Wright, Ms. Li was in-house IP counsel at several multinational corporations, including the largest electronics manufacturing company and one of the largest TFT-LCD panel manufacturers in the world, engaging in extensive patent litigation (including District Court, ITC, and Federal Circuit cases), handling patent licensing with other major international technology companies, and establishing a trade secret protection mechanism.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Li had been studying computer science for 5 years. Furthermore, after being IP counsel for major electronics corporations for years, Ms. Li has been handling cases and projects involving a wide range of technologies, including TCT-LCD, LED lights, computer hardware and software, cellphone designs, 3G/4G technologies, WiFi, Bluetooth, camera modules, connectors, wireless charging technology, etc.
Additionally, Ms. Li has extensive experience in counseling technology companies on various IP subjects, including intellectual property protections, patent licensing, patent litigation strategies, patent infringement and invalidity analysis, establishment of mechanism for trade secret protection, major joint research and development agreements, etc.
Case Western Reserve University School of LawJ.D.
Chinese Cultural University School of LawLL.B
- magna cum laude
National Taipei College of BusinessInformation Management (Computer Science)
George Washington University Law SchoolLL.M., Intellectual Property
- with highest honor
University of Pittsburgh School of LawLL.M.
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Certain Pick-Up Truck Folding Bed Cover Systems and Components Thereof (Inv. No. 337-TA-1188)
- In Certain Electronic Devices, Including Streaming Players, Televisions, Set Top Boxes, Remote Controllers, and Components Thereof (Inv. No. 337-TA-1200)
- In Certain Televisions, Remote Controls, and Components Thereof (Inv. No. 337-TA-1263)
- THE REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, and TiMEMS, INC. v. LTI FLEXIBLE PRODUCTS, INC. d/b/a ) BOYD CORPORATION, UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA, Case No. 3:20-cv-08686-WHO
- AAVID THERMALLOY LLC v. COOLER MASTER CO., LTD., Federal Circuit Appeals 2021-1153, 2021-1156, 2021-1158, 2021-1160, 2021-1263, 2021-1264, 2021-1265, and 2021-1266
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- American Bar Association Section of Litigation Judicial Intern Opportunity Program
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Competition Law in the Information Software Industry: Theory and Practice, Taiwan Ministry of Science and Technology (2004)