Wasif Khan, a corporate lawyer, helps his clients manage the day-to-day transactional and regulatory needs of their business. He works with corporations and individuals within the healthcare, technology, and non-profit sector to handle a variety of matters ranging from routine business agreements, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance, contracts, and more.
Wasif regularly represents and counsels his healthcare clients, which consist of a wide variety of medical and dental practices and management organizations, on matters concerning Medicare/Medicaid fraud and abuse, Stark Law and the Anti-Kickback Statute, HIPAA, and general regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining Dickinson Wright, Wasif was Principal Attorney at his own law firm.
DePaul University College of LawLL.M., Health Care Law, 2012
DePaul University College of LawJ.D., 2010
- Journal of Health Care Law
- Dean's List
- Cali Award Recipient
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Gies College of BusinessB.S., Finance, 2007
- Illinois Super Lawyers
- Rising Star, 2019
- Represented large suburban Chicago pain medicine practice in negotiating exclusive provider agreement with rural hospital for operation of outpatient pain clinic.
- Represented buyer in acquisition 1MM nephrology practice involving sale of practice assets and transfer of medical director agreements at dialysis facilities.
- Represented general dentist in sale of 1.4MM practice with earn-out to be paid based on practice revenue generation post-sale.
- Served as counsel for wholesaler of diagnostic equipment in establishment of service lines (imaging centers and transportation/logistics entity) ancillary to core business.
- Assist numerous not for profit corporations including, but not limited to, religious organizations, professional societies, humanitarian relief organizations and other with respect to governing documents, filing of applications for tax exemption, and best practices.
- The Urban Muslim Minority Alliance Center
- Member, Board of Directors
- Smooth Operators: Minimizing Employee Risk in Healthcare Practices, Professional Solutions (Volume 1, 2019)
- Accountable Care Organizations: A Response to Critical Voices, 14 DePaul J. Health Care L. 309 (2012)
- Physician Leadership in ACO Governance and Management, Physician Organizations, American Health Lawyers Association (2012)