PJ Esfandiari, a corporate and commercial lawyer located in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office, focuses his practice on banking & finance, mergers & acquisitions, and general corporate and commercial matters. He has advised a broad range of clients, including lenders, real estate developers, and renewable energy providers. PJ has experience assisting companies with incorporations, corporate structuring/restructuring, drafting agreements, development of financing strategies, and various other tasks associated with early-stage business ventures. He also advises lenders and borrowers in both secured and unsecured financing transactions, project finance, and asset-based lending.
Prior to joining Dickinson Wright, PJ was a corporate associate and staff lawyer with two large corporate law firms in Canada. While at law school, PJ was heavily involved in extracurricular activities, including serving as both a Client Recruiter and Case Advisor for the Osgoode Venture Capital Clinic.
Osgoode Hall Law SchoolJ.D., 2017
Schulich School of BusinessM.B.A., 2017
York UniversityB.A., 2014
- New York2021
- Roy and Ria McMurtry Scholarship
- Legal and Literary Society Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Osgoode Community
- Represented a solar energy generation company, as borrower, in securing a $270M credit facility for its solar power generation portfolio.
- Represented several lenders and real estate developers in various real estate development transactions, including loans, credit facilities, and acquisitions, ranging from $30M-$100M.
- Represented a laundry service provider in connection with a $50M asset acquisition transaction.
- Fire Basketball, Assistant Coach