Michigan State UniversityB.A., 1968
- magna cum laude
University of MichiganM.A., 1969
University of Michigan Law SchoolJ.D., 1972
- cum laude
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services USA LLC
- TD Bank, N.A.
- Aisin Holdings of America, Inc.
Primary Areas of Practice Focus: commercial real estate lending and leasing, real estate development, and real estate loan workouts and foreclosures.
Serves as counsel to Mercedes-Benz Financial Services USA LLC with regard to national real estate activities.
Represents several bank clients in foreclosures/workouts of distressed commercial real estate.
Represented City of Detroit Downtown Development Authority in connection with Compuware and Campus Martius projects.
Represents various developers in acquisition, development, and leasing of projects.
- Member, State Bar of Michigan, Sections of Real Estate Law (Council Member 1985-1994; Chairperson 1992-1993) and Business Law
- Member, Land Title Standards State Bar of Michigan
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Fellow, Michigan State Bar Foundation
- "Legal Opinions in Commercial Real Estate Financing," presentation at Institute of Continuing Legal Education/Real Property Law Section Program, December 2013
- "Due Diligence in the Development of a Shopping Center," presentation at the ICSC Michigan Continuing Education Program, April 2007
- "A Potential Danger for Lessees and Leasehold Mortgagees: The Precision Industries Case," State Bar of Michigan Real Property Law Section Journal, Summer 2004