Scot has extensive experience in corporate, mergers and acquisitions and tax law. His clients rely on him to advise them with respect to their complex financial transactions as well as serving as their outside general counsel. Scot provides proactive advice with respect to sensitive management matters, litigation management, day to day transactional needs and objective assessments for the development of successful business strategies.
Scot has served as lead counsel in numerous mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, private offerings, venture capital financings, mezzanine debt offerings, divestures and other related transactions, with an emphasis in the following business sectors:
- Dental Services (DSO)
- Assisted Living
- Legalized Marijuana (Growth, Production and Sales)
- Commercial Transportation
- Healthcare Consulting
- Precious Metal Refinement
- Charter School
- Industrial Manufacturing
Franciscan UniversityB.S., 1994
Capital University Law SchoolJ.D., 1997
- Order of the Curie
Capital UniversityLL.M., Taxation, 1997
- Recognized as Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500, 2017, 2019
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Tax Law (2013 - 2019)
- AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Selected as an "Ohio Super Lawyers - Rising Star" by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine (2005-2012)
- Quantum Health
- Lawson Financial Corporation
- Equity Velocity Funds
- Chancellor Health Partners
- North American Dental Group
- Ohio Precious Metals, LLC
- Mo Vaughn Enterprises
- Straine Consulting
- Signature Smiles
- One Buffalo Dental Group
Serves as lead counsel to various private equity funds regarding fund formation, structuring, tax issues, acquisitions and dispositions.
Serves as lead counsel to a number of privately held companies with respect to the implementation and structuring of tax free mergers, divestures, spin-offs, split offs, loan syndications, mezzanine debt, venture capital needs and other related financing transactions.
Counsel to high net worth families in regards to their private held companies in connection with succession and exit strategy planning and wealth transfer techniques.
Underwriter’s counsel for numerous municipal bond issuances in the assisted living and chart school industry.
- Columbus Bar Association
- Association of Dental Support Organizations
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Pickerington Youth Athletic Association Coach