Ms. Breeden focuses her practice on real estate, finance and corporate law. She represents companies in complex, sophisticated multi-million and multi-billion dollar financings of retail, office, hotel, mixed use and solar projects in the United States, including CMBS, life insurance, balance sheet, construction and public financing loans such as PACE. She also assists clients with structuring, drafting and negotiating complex joint venture agreements, contribution agreements, merger documents, leases, ground leases, reciprocal easements and documents for the purchase and sale of partnership interests and the acquisition and disposition of various forms of commercial real estate. Prior to joining Dickinson Wright, Ms. Breeden worked for nearly 20 years in various in-house counsel roles representing an S&P 100 retail real estate company in matters of finance, acquisitions and dispositions, development, corporate matters and joint ventures.
Ball State UniversityB.A., 1991
Valparaiso University School of LawJ.D., 1995
- Represented the borrower in a $1.2 billion CMBS loan on a high profile shopping center, and represented the borrower in reviewing offering circulars for the stand alone securitization of the loan.
- Represented the borrower in a $90,000,000 construction loan.
- Represented a joint venturer in the purchase of partnership interests and the immediate sale of those interests to a third party investor; represented the joint venture in a $180,000,000 loan on a retail center indirectly owned by the joint venture.
- Negotiated a ground lease amendment with Stanford University.
- Represented the seller in the sale of two offices buildings in suburban Chicago.
- Represented the purchaser of two properties in the assumption of a life company loan and a CMBS loan totaling $410,000,000.
- To provide funds for restoration property that suffered a substantial casualty, negotiated the terms of an additional $120,000,000 loan from the two existing German bank lenders.
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Advisory Board Member, Beacon of Hope (2016-Present)
- Co-Chair, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan & Pennsylvania Law Conference (2017-Present)
- “Ground Leases”, Indiana Commercial Real Estate Conference, May 4, 2018
- “Don’t Discount the Difference Between Traditional Shopping Centers and Outlet Centers”, ICSC OH, KY, IN, MI & PA Law Symposium, 2016
- “There’s No Business Like Keeping the Lender Out of Your Business: Strategies for Negotiating Borrower Friendly Loan Provisions”, ICSC U.S. Shopping Center Law Conference, October 28, 2015
- “The Spirit of Reinvention: Creative Strategies to Rework Financing, Mixed Use and Existing Restrictions, ICSC OH, KY, IN, MI & PA Law Symposium, 2015
- “SNDA/Estoppel Matters in the Post-Down Turn Era”, ICSC OH, KY, IN, MI & PA Law Symposium, 2014