Liana is an Associate in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office. Her corporate practice consists of transactional work (including secured financings, private placements and M&A transactions), negotiating and drafting a wide range of commercial agreements for both domestic and cross-border clients (including distribution, reseller, licensing, service, supply, loan, confidentiality and SaaS/cloud service agreements), and business formation, structuring and reorganizations.
In particular, she has significant experience advising emerging and technology companies, and entrepreneurs.
Liana also assists clients with complex privacy and cybersecurity issues, including in respect of Canada’s anti-spam legislation.
Liana is fluent in French and Italian.
Osgoode Hall Law SchoolJ.D.
Liana’s has assisted with the following representative matters:
• Olymel L.P.’s acquisition of Pinty’s Delicious Foods Inc. (a large Canadian poultry processing company)
• Northleaf Capital Partners’ arrangement of a $50 million senior secured credit facility for, and a separate preferred equity investment in, BridgePoint Financial Services Inc. (a leading Canadian provider of litigation financing solutions)
• Several local and cross-border share and asset purchases, and mergers and acquisitions, including related financing transactions
• Several emerging businesses’ private placement offerings, including in one instance a strategic investment by a major Canadian retailer
• A Canadian company’s cross-border reverse takeover of a U.S. public company, structured as an exchangeable share transaction
• Several flow-through share and secured debenture offerings
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association