Kim practices in the areas of trademark, copyright, and entertainment. She assists clients in all facets of domestic and international trademark prosecution, maintenance, and enforcement and handles a variety of transactional matters related to the ownership and use of intellectual property. Before transitioning to the law, Kim spent ten years in the entertainment industry working in film, television, and theatre including six years with Cirque du Soleil. Kim draws on this experience when assisting entertainment clients with their creative projects.
University of Nevada, William S. Boyd School of LawJ.D.
- American Constitution Society, Nevada Law Student Chapter, Co-Founder
- CALI Award – Entertainment Law; Privacy and Defamation
University of Southern CaliforniaB.F.A.
- Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2013-2018
- Nevada Business Magazine, Legal Elite, 2011-2012
- 100 Hours Club, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, 2011-2012
- State Bar of Nevada, Intellectual Property Section, Former Chair
- American Bar Association, Forum on Entertainment and Sports Industries, Member
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Member
- The LAB LV, Interdisciplinary Experimental Theatre Company, Board of Directors
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, Pro Bono Volunteer
- Nevada Legal Services, Pro Bono Volunteer
- Nevada, State and Federal
- Speaker, “Authors, Copyright & Publishing,” Romance Writers of America, 2016
- Speaker, “Copyright and Fair Use,” Nevada Department of Education, 2015
- Speaker, “Copyright Law,” Nevada Watercolor Society, 2013
- Speaker, “Copyright & Music” and “Recorded Music,” National Business Institute CLE, 2012
- Speaker, “IP Basics for the Small Business,” Nevada Microenterprise Initiative Program, 2012
- Speaker, “Copyright & the Visual Artist,” Las Vegas Academy of the Arts, 2011
- Author, “Copyright, Trademark, and the Right of Publicity – the Triumvirate of Entertainment Law,” Clark County Bar Association Communique, December 2011
- Author, “Finding a Safe Harbor in Nevada’s Data and Privacy Breach Law,” Clark County Bar Association Communique, November 2011