Judson Whiteside is a Partner at the Dickinson Wright Toronto office. Mr. Whiteside currently focuses his practice in corporate and commercial law with extensive experience and special expertise in competition law and sports law. He acts for direct-sales companies and professional sports leagues, on a national and international basis, which are faced with extensive and constantly changing government legislation. He also advises clients on matters related to compliance with the Competition Act and its impact on various elements of their businesses.
Prior to joining Dickinson Wright, Mr. Whiteside was a senior partner with a prominent Bay Street business law firm where he practiced corporate and commercial law for over 43 years. He was also this firm’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer from 1992 to 2007, growing it from 50 to 450 lawyers. Over his career, Mr. Whiteside has also represented a diverse group of clients such as financial institutions, automotive, manufacturing and information technology companies.
Mr. Whiteside completed The Harvard Business School Executive Education Programs and The Stanford University Executive Program.
University of WaterlooB.A., 1970
University of Western OntarioJ.D., 1973
- Markham Board of Trade Tony Roman Award as a Business Leader
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal - Government of Canada
- Top 50 Alumni in the First 50 Years – University of Waterloo
- Canadian Bar Association
- Sports Lawyers Association
- Royal Canadian Military Institute
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Past Chair, Markham Stouffville Hospital Foundation
- The Toronto Club
- Life Member of the President's Club of University of Waterloo
- “Chair, Southlake Regional Hospital Hospice Campaign”
- “Member, Board of Directors, Southlake Regional Hospital Foundation”
- Past Chair, Walk for the Cure for Juvenile Diabetes