University of MichiganB.A., 1985
- Class Honors
Wayne State UniversityJ.D., 1993
- cum laude
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Trusts and Estates, 2009-2021
- DBusiness Magazine
- "Top Lawyers," Trusts and Estates
- Individuals, couples and non-married couples
- Multi-generational families
- Trustees and Personal Representatives
- Shareholders and Members of closely-held businesses
- Nonprofit corporations
- Identity Source LLC
- Marx Layne & Company
- Target Steel, Inc
Advising high net worth individuals with regards to estate planning and estate tax avoidance.
Advising individuals about tax savings strategies and probate avoidance.
Counseling blended families, non-married couples and others about optimum estate planning options.
Counseling individuals and families about Guardianships and Conservatorships matters.
Counseling shareholders in closely-held and family businesses about succession planning.
Advising individuals about charitable giving and planned giving strategies.
Counseling Trustees and other fiduciaries about probate and trust administration, tax matters and probate litigation.
Advising families about post-mortem tax and estate planning.
Representing beneficiaries of estates and trusts.
Advising individuals about premarital planning, including prenuptial agreements.
- State Bar of Michigan - Probate and Estate, Taxation and Business Law Sections
- Oakland County Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Trust and Estate Section
- Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan, Former Board Member
- Chamber Music Society of Detroit, Former Board Member
- Chamber Music Society of Detroit, Former Chair, Endowment Committee
- American Diabetes Association, Former Board Member
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Michigan Bar Association, Taxation and Probate and Estate Planning Sections
- Author, "Estate Planning For Real Estate - - Smart Options For Transferring Real Estate to the Next Generations," Smart Business Detroit, January 2006
- Speaker, Including Charity in Business Succession Plan, Planned Giving Roundtable of Southeast Michigan, December, 2006
- Speaker, Women In Philanthropy, Oakland Family Services, April 2008
- Speaker, Estate Planning for Women, National Association of Women In Construction, Detroit Chapter
- Speaker, Estate Planning for Unmarried Couples, The Hope Fund, a component fund of the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan
- Speaker, Estate Planning for Women, Speaking Of Women's Heath, Detroit