Josh is a transactional lawyer in Dickinson Wright’s Nashville office. He specializes in assisting clients with forming, buying, and selling companies, and with negotiating and drafting commercial contracts. He also provides regulatory advice to help companies meet their environmental and federal contracting compliance obligations. Prior to joining Dickinson Wright, Josh clerked for the Honorable Priscilla R. Owen on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and worked as a renewable energy and environmental regulatory lawyer at Fredrikson & Byron, P.A., a full-service law firm headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Macalester CollegeB.A., 2009
- magna cum laude
- Recipient, J. Huntley Dupre Prize in European History
University of Minnesota Law SchoolJ.D., Business Law, 2014
- magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Managing Editor, Minnesota Law Review
- Recipient, Judge Edward J. Devitt Scholarship Award for Excellence in the Study of Federal Law
Assisted with the representation of a general contractor in a dispute with multiple subcontractors and the owner concerning defect claims in excess of $30 million.
Negotiated and revised AIA form construction agreements to protect owners or contractors.
Assisted with the sale of a Tennessee-based healthcare provider’s line of business.
Counseled a special servicer with the workout of a $200 million loan to a shopping center.
Drafted internal governance documents for numerous limited liability companies and corporations.
Assisted a major electric transmission company with obtaining approval from the Iowa Public Utilities Commission to construct a 345 kV high-voltage transmission line.
Assisted renewable energy developers with obtaining state and local approvals to construct utility-scale wind energy and distributed solar facilities.
Negotiated environmental representations and warranties in connection with the $475 million sale of an international automotive tool distributor.
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources and Section of Public Contract Law
- Tennessee Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Section and Environmental Law Section
- Nashville Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Iowa State Court
- Minnesota State Court
- Tennessee State Court
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee