Josh Cepluch counsels clients on complex real estate transactions in a variety of areas, including office, retail, industrial, multi-family, mixed-use, and assisted living.
He has experience with the acquisition, sale, and development of real property and regularly represents lenders and borrowers in a variety of financing matters, including construction loans, mezzanine loans, workouts, and syndications and participations. Josh advises real estate funds and other investors with respect to joint ventures and other investment structuring issues. He advises landlords and tenants in leasing transactions.
Josh also advises clients on a variety of other business matters, including asset purchases and sales, stock and membership interest purchases and sales, and mergers.
The Ohio State UniversityB.S., Economics and Psychology, 2006
- summa cum laude
- Honors in the Arts and Sciences
- Phi Beta Kappa
The Ohio State UniversityM.C.R.P., City and Regional Planning, 2008
- Dean's Distinguished University Fellowship
Vanderbilt University Law SchoolJ.D., 2011
- Order of the Coif
- Managing Editor, Vanderbilt Law Review
- Law and Business Certificate
- Scholastic Excellence Awards for first honors in Antitrust, Bankruptcy, Corporate Finance, Land Use Planning and Professional Responsibility
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star, Real Estate Law, 2018-Present
- American Planning Association Nationwide Legal Writing Competition: Second Place (2010)
Represented a developer in connection with the acquisition, financing, and development of 19 floors of a historic high-rise in Columbus, Ohio.
Represented a real estate fund in connection with a loan and joint venture for a mixed-use gaming, hotel, and residential development in Lake Tahoe, Nevada.
Represented a real estate fund in connection with the acquisition of a luxury residential development in Sedona, Arizona.
Represented a real estate fund in connection with the acquisition of a fractional residential development in La Quinta, California.
Represented a real estate fund in connection with the acquisition and redevelopment of a former copper foundry and steel plant in New Jersey.
Represented a major media company in connection with a $500 million line of credit.
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association