Vanderbilt UniversityB.A., American and Southern Studies
- with Honors
- magna cum laude
Vanderbilt University Law SchoolJ.D.
- Pro Bono Service Award - Tennessee Supreme Court (2015-2017)
Successfully represented publicly traded company in Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) whistleblower retaliation suit resulting in federal district court granting summary judgment.
Successfully defended national health care company against Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) claim resulting in early dismissal.
Significant experience representing defendants in wrongful death, catastrophic injury, and other tort actions.
Experience enforcing non-compete and non-solicitation agreements in federal court.
Represented rehabilitation hospital in healthcare liability action that resulted in a favorable settlement for the client.
Previously represented and provided counsel to academic medical center in numerous healthcare and premises liability actions.
Previously represented physicians, practice groups and healthcare facilities in healthcare liability actions throughout the State of Tennessee.
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Constitution Society
- Harry Phillips Chapter, Inns of Court (2012-2014)
- Member, Inaugural Class, Nashville Bar Foundation Leadership Forum (2014-2015)
- Member, Nashville Emerging Leaders, Class of 2015
- Board Member, Nashville Emerging Leaders
- Susan Gray School, Peabody College at Vanderbilt University
- Nashville Sports Council
- Tennessee Justice Center
- Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee
- National Commodore Club
- The Tomorrow Fund
- Actively involved in local, state and national political campaigns, including 2014 retention election for three Tennessee Supreme Court Justices
- Associate at boutique litigation firm in Nashville specializing in professional and healthcare liability defense (2011-2014)
- Law Clerk for The Honorable Thomas W. Brothers, Tennessee Circuit Court, 20th Judicial District - Nashville/Davidson County (2010-2011)
- Middle, Eastern and Western District of Tennessee
- 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- District of Colorado
- Co-author, "Scrutiny of Ride-hailing Apps Offers Legal Reminder to All Employers," Nashville Business Journal. July 20, 2015.
- The State of Sports in Nashville, on behalf of the Center for Nashville Studies at Vanderbilt University in 2010. Report provided a situational analysis of the city’s resources, facilities, and events, with an eye towards expanding Nashville’s footprint in the world of sports.
- Nashville Public Radio, wrote and read on-air a series of eight essays entitled "First Experiences" (2001-2002)