Johneeka M. Simpson is a first generation lawyer practicing out of Dickinson Wright’s Fort Lauderdale office. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, insurance litigation and class action related matters. She represents litigants at both the state and federal levels. Prior to joining the firm, Johneeka gained experience in products liability and personal injury protection related matters.
During law school, Johneeka served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Kristine Van Vorst of the Eighth Judicial Circuit of Florida. There, she immersed herself in statutory interpretation as it relates to creditor’s rights and remedies; and land-lord tenant disputes. She also served as the Teaching Assistant for UF’s Trial Practice Course, as well as a member of UF Black Student Association’s Trial Team.
Johneeka also participated in the University of Florida’s Semester in Practice Program as a Certified Legal Intern in the felony division at the Law Offices of the Public Defender, 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida.
Florida State UniversityB.S.
- Criminology and Criminal Justice, Minor in Psychology, cum laude
- Consecutive Dean’s List Recipient
University of Florida Levin College of LawJ.D., 2021
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award Recipient: Foundations of Law
- University of Florida Black Student Association Trial Team, Member
- 2019 Paul C. Perkins Bar Association Future Leader Scholarship, Recipient
- 2021 Vincent P. McGhee Scholarship, Recipient
- James C. Adkins, Jr. Inn of Court, Member
- Pro Bono Outstanding Achievement Award
- Dean’s List Recipient
- Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr. Bar Association
- United States District Court Southern District of Florida